ranger clip on a ford explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ranger clip on a ford explorer.

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington,WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer Explorer
Hey everyone i just got on this site.Finally!
Any way i was just wondering if anyone has put a ranger front end on a explorer before. I have a 98 ranger bumper on my 98 explorer, but i want to put he whole front end eventually.Ive seen plenty of rangers with ex clips on but any ranger front ends on ex's.I just want to do what chevy did with the s-10 and blazer. Any help would be great and please give me pics. Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i figured none of you have done or attept this before.Or you just really like the look or your ex's.Oh well i will keep checking.Any help works.

Go check the Ranger forums, I'm sure someone on here has swapped over to the Explorer front end. Find out what all is entailed with it and see if it can't be don't well.. in reverse. Also, it may be worth it to check some over the minitruck forums/websites. There's probably a full write-up/log from where somebody swapped over to an Explorer/Mountaineer front end.. I've seen both.

Some food for though..

Thanx brandon im glad someone is paying attention on here.

Front clip

The front clip of the same gen. should bolt right on. (89 - 98)
Maybe even the Mazda B3000 B4000, not sure when they started using the Ranger to build the Mazda. I do know 1999+.
I put the Mazda B3000 bed on my 2006 Ranger & looking for the front fenders.
I like the fender lines on the Mazda

swap

as long as they are the same generation they will directly swap I've done this a couple of times

photo.php
They ARE NOT a direct swap! If your claiming they are you've never attempted the conversion. I've done it and it requires sectioning in the front portion of the ranger fenders into the explorer fenders then modifying the radiator support to fit the ranger header panel. Once that's done you have to modify the hood hinges to mate the ranger hood onto your Ex. I swapped a 99 Ranger clip onto my chop top 97 Explorer sport.

Back