Ranger Owners: Show Off Your Truck | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ranger Owners: Show Off Your Truck

That's a sharp looking truck SurferCat.

What kind of lift is on there? How much it cost?
That looks like about what I'd like to do to mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Now, if we could get all these Rangers/Mazda B Series owners starting to fill out their own free "Ranger/Mazda Registry" here...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

.. I bet we would have the best collection of trucks to read about and discuss on any Forum on the net..:biggthump

only thing is that a lot of the pics are out dated.

..If I'm not mistaken, if you become an "Elite" member here and use the "Elite Photo's" to host/post your pics, your pics will be saved and live on for future readers of the site..

...I wish I would have posted all my pics as an "Elite" member instead of also using another service..:rolleyes:

my 07 fx4 level II, or as i call it, 007

second day of owning it

DSC07639_Medium_.jpg

third week of owning it

DSC07715_Medium_.jpg

three inch body lift, 33x12.5x15 goodyear duratracs, heated seat kit, explorer full console, explorer overhead console, stereo, amp, sub, and customized lower front valance thanks to banging snowdrifts at -27C >:[
no mud pics yet, haven't had time to play with it in the mud

DSC08033_Medium_.jpg

almost a whoops. i even heard the hitch hit the ground

DSC08037_Medium_.jpg

Looks nice!
It sure is nice to have different seasons to enjoy isn't it?

I busted up my lower front bumper/valance the same way... do you have a more durable replacement or is it still plastic? I'd love to find something that doesn't break when hitting snow drifts, sand drifts or deep mud.

Looks nice!
It sure is nice to have different seasons to enjoy isn't it?

I busted up my lower front bumper/valance the same way... do you have a more durable replacement or is it still plastic? I'd love to find something that doesn't break when hitting snow drifts, sand drifts or deep mud.

still the smashed up plastic, and i doubt i am going to replace it with another plastic one that the same fate will happen to. when time, and cash allow, i will get a tube one made.

That's a sharp looking truck SurferCat.

What kind of lift is on there? How much it cost?
That looks like about what I'd like to do to mine.

Thanks, Bro. I bought the truck new in July 99 and then lifted it in 2001. I added a Fabtech 3 inch spindle lift and 2 inch taller coil springs. I added 4 1/2 inch add-a-leaf and I added taller shocks. A year later a added a 3 inch body lift. I bought the entire suspension lift on Ebay for $600 with free shipping. A friend came over and helped me install everything in about 5 hours. Then I went right to the alignment shop and that was another $80 for parts and labor. My buddy helped with the PA bl the next year. That was fun. It was about 6 hours to do that!!!

678A0090.jpg

It was a test just to get back in the truck hahaha

Can you post a closer picture of how you mounted the steering stabilizer? I know it won't really work on my truck with my frame, but I'm just curious.

Yes, I will be glad to do so for you. I had to weld on a small bracket to attach the shock mount and the stablizer brackets mount to the right wheel area steering assembly. I will get a close up for you.

my 98 ranger 3.0 auto, my 1st vehicle
4.jpg

1st time off-road, not bad for a 2wd!
Unnamed.jpg

Thanks for the pics surfercat.

..Could we please keep this as a picture thread as described in the first post...

...This thread was started to showcase the Ranger trucks seldom seen on this Forum with the hopes of starting new Ranger Registries to discuss each of these individual vehicles and in hopes of having a larger knowledge base of Ranger information sharing on this Forum...

...Just my thoughts but I'm open for pm's..

..Thanks..:salute:

havnt been on here in a while, heres some newer pics
IMG_20110402_104246.jpg

IMG_20110402_111405.jpg

turbo ranger forum meet
IMG_20110716_155418.jpg

IMG_20110716_155230.jpg

might be getting a loaded 2000 explorer 5.0 awd soon... Reason being my gf hates sitting in the back because of this little guy lol

Here is my Ranger on Sand at Oregon Inlet North Carolina.

Attachments

• 20110722_oregonINLET 071.JPG
    20110722_oregonINLET 071.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,868

..I never knew you had a Ranger...:confused:

Its is my work truck. It is a an 04 Level II. It is bone stock, but the Level II package is pretty substainial. It'll run 90-mph on the interstate and then crawl in rocks or play in the sand. It gets used offroad (work) a lot more than my 91 X. But it is very comfortable and reasonably capable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back