Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Ranger tranny mount replacement

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by Gadgetman, July 22, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Gadgetman

Gadgetman New Member

City, State:
      Edmonton Alberta
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Ranger 1994 XLT 4x4
      Hi All,
      Just had my rear driveshaft rebuilt and they told me to replace transmission mount, 94 ranger xlt 4x4. I have bought the mount from Ford and have seen two different options to replace. Some say leave crossmember in place and jack up tranny to allow mount to clear crossmember and others say remove crossmember to install. Any thoughts on better method? or should I say SAFER!

Last edited: July 22, 2011
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. RangerX

RangerX Elite Ranger Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Omao, Kauai
      '93 Ranger XLT 4X4
      It's a pretty easy and simple job, and I know because I ws ablr to do it! :D
      If I remember correctly, if you remove the crossmember, you'll need to support the trans with a jack anyway. The mount has two bolts to the trans, and two bolts to the crossmember. You could try taking the bolts out and lifting the trans enough to slip out the old mount and put in the new...

4. Gadgetman

Gadgetman New Member

City, State:
      Edmonton Alberta
      Ranger 1994 XLT 4x4
      thanx

Thanks for the reply RangerX! Going to replace today and will probably drop crossmember. Will let you know how it goes.