Raptor Grille? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Raptor Grille?

That thread...*shivers*...if this materializes, I would definitely be a buyer...even though I drive a mountaineer ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish that other guy had put more into his. I kinda feel bad. It was a good idea and it seems like he just winged it.
And Brian, you have to get one.

I'm going to try my hardest to get one made and installed this week. My only concerns are having to cut out the outer grille shell, how to mount the new grille, and making something over the top of the new grille so it doesn't cause hand injuries from the edges.

I'm going to try my hardest to get one made and installed this week. My only concerns are having to cut out the outer grille shell, how to mount the new grille, and making something over the top of the new grille so it doesn't cause hand injuries from the edges.

Well I'm sure the raptor mesh is punched out and not CNC cut, so those edges are smoother to begin with. Ideally, it'll need media blasted. I wouldn't mind rough metal, I would paint mine with truck bed liner.

All you need is tabs with holes for the 4 top mounts and little L shaped tabs like the stock one has on the bottom.

We're you going to gut the center of the stock grille and mount the new center to that? Seems like a lot more work and more complicated to do it that way.

I'll be replacing everything between the headlights.

I wonder if an aftermarket grille for an 05 ex would fit a 05 mounty?

Awesome! Cause your beast deserves one.

I think it'd look great with what I want to do with my hood:
image-2008343080_zps7ef47a83.jpg

Well, it's been a busy week in the shop. I was planning on getting started on this yesterday, but I've been swamped. I got the FORD cut out yesterday and the 3 grille pieces cut this morning. Since I didn't get to work on it after work yesterday I was planning on it today. I got a call about noon and ended up having to go help some of our guys get a job done and it ended up being a 14 hour day. I'm crossing my fingers I can get this on tomorrow if I don't have to go out of town again.

Also I don't mean to make anyone mad, but I think this will end up being the only one I make for now. If this was molded out of plastic or something it wouldn't be a problem to produce them and market them, but unfortunately it isn't. I've got way to much going on with work and family to take someones money and not have the time to get them a product. Again I apologize.

Here's a picture of the grille cut out.

IMAG0477-1_zps31582bc6.jpg

:thumbsup: Beautiful work, anxious to see your finished product installed. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I got back to the shop and grabbed it off of the CNC table and came home. I'll have a lot of filing to do tomorrow to knock off the sharp edges then taking the die grinder to cut off the old and assemble the new.

I got the new grille assembled last night and sprayed it with bedliner this morning. I used VHT graphite wheel paint for the letters. There are some little final touches that I will deal with in a few. Here's how it looks at the moment.

IMAG0485-2_zps5fb32f8c.jpg

Grille is N I C E !!!!! Cant beat One of A Kind.

Thanks everybody. I'm digging it for sure. I'm still surprised how many people has liked it. Here are some more pictures I took when the sun got low for better lighting.

IMAG0493-1_zps337700a7.jpg

IMAG0494-1_zps75dd4b56.jpg

IMAG0496-1_zps15740d4d.jpg

IMAG0500-1_zps4624ba32.jpg

Grille is N I C E !!!!! Cant beat One of A Kind.

Nice! Looks great. I run a CNC laser I would be interested in the program to do this. What kind of wheels and tires are you running?

Amazing, you knocked it out of the park. IMO, letter size is perfect. Just FYI, if you plan on selling, keep low key. FoMoCo
does not believe anyone should use their name and has shut down a few using their trademark. (Colored emblems, etc.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks again guys. :thumbsup:

Nice! Looks great. I run a CNC laser I would be interested in the program to do this. What kind of wheels and tires are you running?

What format of files does your laser run?
The wheels are 17x9 Ballistic Outlaw with 285/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT

Back