• Register Today It's free!

Rattling sound

tucker1

Reaction score
City, State
LS, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB
Sounds like its coming from either rear hatch door or the rear side... any guesstions??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

um, more info?

Is this all the time, certain conditions? with the stereo, with bass? how loud? etc....

Yes its all the time... 02 explorer even when the radio si turned off completely

Tucker1, mine was doing the same thing, I finally pinpointed it to the jack storage assembly, it was not secured good enough and caused some rattling.

is it INSIDE the car? maybe a license plate frame or something? idunno..

is it more of a screching sound...like something is rubbing something else to make the noice? Thats what mine is doing and i dont know where it is coming from...

I have 2 12 inch subs in my 94 sport. Whenever the subs git, my back hatch rattles. It sounds so bad on the outside. Ive reduced the sound by rapping electrical tape around the knob to open the glass or door. Anyone know how to get it better. It is a really big problem for me.

I have this same exact problem, but even though it is amazingly annoying I have not looked for the problem. It happens all the time when my music is not on.

Dynomat the back and see how much that stops it...since its your money just tell me if it is worth it :p

MetallicAvery: where did you wrap the electrical tape?

I have same problem with my back end rattling.. I finially gave in and bought some dynamat for the sucker. Hopefully I can install it this weekend. But I want to try and reduce all the rattles I can in the back hatch before I seal it up w/ the dynamat.

ON the 94 there is a handle thing you turn one way to open the glass and the other way to open the whole hatch. Right where the handle twists and connects to the door is where i put the tape. Get it? If you don't i'll try to explain further.

So i take it that you cant open your hatch with the handle taped?

I can, its just harder to turn.

Back