RDS Text Display for Radio (added pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RDS Text Display for Radio (added pics)

eersfan

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer
I just bought a 2012 Explorer and my RDS Text seems to be "smushed" against the right side of the display, only showing one word of the song/artist at a time, versus being in the middle of the display and showing the full song title and artist. When I switch to Sirius radio the full song title and artist info is displayed in the center of the display.

Do I have a problem or is this normal?

thanks.

Siruis radio display
IMAG0138.jpg

FM radio display
IMAG0136.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine works fine on FM and Sirius.

Is it just one radio station, or all of them? Do they work right on another radio?

This is the same for me. Sirius is fine, but the text for FM is smushed and even missing stuff. If you look at the text on the dashboard screen it has more information than what's on the MFT screen. This happens for all FM channels for me.

That's normal for the RDS information. Mine does the same. The HD radio displays the artist/album information just like the sirius does, but for some reason they cram the RDS in that area.

I just bought a 2012 Explorer and my RDS Text seems to be "smushed" against the right side of the display, only showing one word of the song/artist at a time, versus being in the middle of the display and showing the full song title and artist. When I switch to Sirius radio the full song title and artist info is displayed in the center of the display.

Do I have a problem or is this normal?

thanks.

Siruis radio display

I think the biggest concern you have is how blurry your screen is while listening to satellite radio! :D

Seriously though, I haven't seen this trait. I'll have to ask my friend if this is the case with his vehicle.

I think the biggest concern you have is how blurry your screen is while listening to satellite radio! :D

Seriously though, I haven't seen this trait. I'll have to ask my friend if this is the case with his vehicle.

:D that's some funny stuff right there!!

That's normal for the RDS information. Mine does the same. The HD radio displays the artist/album information just like the sirius does, but for some reason they cram the RDS in that area.
Not typical for RDS in general.

I thought mine gave a full width display with V2.4, but not sure. I turned it off because my favorite local radio station was running advertisements across it all the time instead of just artist info.

I'm on v2.11 now and it gives the same kind of display that you are showing.

Back