1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Re-sorted USB Music?

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by djhobbes, December 21, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. djhobbes

djhobbes New Member

City, State:
    Ohio
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2013 Limited 4WD
    Hi

I have a new, newly formatted USB drive that I added several albums to. Everything was fine for quite some time; the songs played in the same order as on the drive, which is the same order as on the actual CD.

Yesterday I was listening to one of these albums and I stopped to get gas, so I turned the car off. When I started back up, a completely different song was playing. When I advanced to the next song, I got a completely different song than what should be next.

I cannot seem to find any sort of settings that govern this. When I browse the USB drive the songs are out of order. I have tried removing and re-inserting the USB drive to no avail.

Any thoughts or ideas?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Lewisra

Lewisra Active Member

City, State:
    Howell, mi
    2017 explorer limited
    Is shuffle turned on? Second "button" from top on right of entertainment screen.

4. djhobbes

djhobbes New Member

City, State:
    Ohio
    2013 Limited 4WD
    Nope, that was my first thought too.

5. txaggie

txaggie Active Member

City, State:
    Plano, Texas
    2013 Ford Explorer
    I find that mine go in alphabetical order. And I find this incredibly annoying. :(