Reactor hood decal + rebadged XSport (pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reactor hood decal + rebadged XSport (pics)

explosportguy

Reaction score
City, State
Catskill Mtns, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Took the time this morning to de-badge / re-badge my XSport, add the Livernois emblems and add the Custom Auto Designs "Reactor" hood decal in Avery Supreme Wrap (dry application) gloss black. I custom ordered the "Sport" decal and the "3.5L Twin Turbo" decal (both in Oracal) from a graphics company in Canada.

Here's the results. Not for everyone, but I love it. It's just the complete "black and white" look I was going for. May do the ERG running boards w/a gap filler, but that will probably wait until we settle in NY (all my tools are in my garage there). Sorry about the high contrast pics, I took them today in the middle of the day.

160718114.gif

160718117.gif

160718116.gif

160718115.gif

160718113.gif

160718112.gif

160718110.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice and sharp!

Nice clean lines. Understated and sophisticated. I like it.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments:thumbsup:

Looks good, I really like the hood decal.

The hood decal looks great. Congrats

Thanks for the comments sicksix and okexplo. That just about does it unless I decide to do the ERG running boards at some point.

I'm really on the fence about the running boards. I like the looks of the ERGs :thumbsup: but I don't want to lose the ground clearance:thumbdwn:. We'll be in winter snow after we retire to upstate NY this year

not a fan of white cars, but your ride is looking great! Was it a pain in the *$$ to put the hood decal on? I can't imagine positioning the decal without leaning on the hood, which Ive read is easily dent-able (if that's a word).

not a fan of white cars, but your ride is looking great! Was it a pain in the *$$ to put the hood decal on? I can't imagine positioning the decal without leaning on the hood, which Ive read is easily dent-able (if that's a word).
Hi Unsung, thanks! The Xsport is only my second white car ever. I was surprised, I really fell for the white metallic with the gloss black trim.

I've applied my fair share of decals on cars and bikes, so no real problems encountered. No need to lean on the hood enough to dent it to apply the decal. It's true you can dent the hood if you really try but IMHO, the explo hood gets a bad rap from some posters here. It's no better or worse than any of the other modern cars I've dealt with, including my wife's Audi s5 and my Jaguar XKR. They are all drop to close hoods, with or without hydraulic struts. The days of pressing on hoods or doors to close them are long gone. The car guys all know to drop to close and to close doors with the door handles only.

Back