Really need help with tranny | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Really need help with tranny

Daisywheels

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT XP SOHC V6
I know the white clip goes into the gear connection cable, but for the life of me I do not remember where the blue plastic and metal clip shown in pic go, nor their purpose. The white clip is NOT holding the cable tight. Anybody seen these parts on their trucks? Searching has gotten me nowhere since I can't name the parts! Any diagrams or pics of how it should look? - Need this connection made safe and properly before letting go of title. Buyer agreed to delay till tomorrow but I still need to do a test drive. Thanks! -DW

tranny-connector-jpg.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any reason why I have 3 plasrtc wheel adjusters on the cable? The one closest to the motor is loose, nothing for it to grab onto. I didn't do any damage to the cable, just took it off, and forgot how it goes back on.

I could use some pics of how the connector with the plastic to the major bracket is supposed to go. Can't seem to lock that down either. Thanks Koda! -DW

Still not sure what solenoid you are referring to, and still can't find a pic of how the shift cable properly connects to tranny lever. Help!

There are 4 solenoids and some speed sensors inside the transmission case that are electronically connected to the PCM. The wiring plug connectoris covered by the blue thing; and that the stainless steel clasp grabs onto the electrical connection bloc on the side of the transmission case. The wires trace back through the wiring harness to the PCM.

There are 4 solenoids and some speed sensors inside the transmission case that are electronically connected to the PCM. The wiring plug connectoris covered by the blue thing; and that the stainless steel clasp grabs onto the electrical connection bloc on the side of the transmission case. The wires trace back through the wiring harness to the PCM.
Since I can't locate these connections, do I really need the blue thing and the stainless steel clasp put back in place?

Back