rear body panel crack? who has it!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rear body panel crack? who has it!!

Hey I'm part of this Crack club now!!!!!:smoke::help::mattmoon:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't buy from OEM Direct Solutions

Don't waste your time with the replacement panel from OEM Direct Solutions/eBay seller autotrendnews.

I bought a replacement panel over 5 weeks ago, and the guy never shipped it out. He also refused to respond to any e-mails, despite the fact that he was very responsive prior to my purchase using buy-it-now.

I finally had to dispute the charge with eBay/Paypal, and they just refunded me my money.

It's too bad, it seems like a good product at a reasonable price, but I'm pretty sure the guy is a deadbeat scammer. No idea why he bothered to make a video and website if he's just looking to rip people off $179 at a time...

Don't waste your time with the replacement panel from OEM Direct Solutions/eBay seller autotrendnews.

I bought a replacement panel over 5 weeks ago, and the guy never shipped it out. He also refused to respond to any e-mails, despite the fact that he was very responsive prior to my purchase using buy-it-now.

I finally had to dispute the charge with eBay/Paypal, and they just refunded me my money.

It's too bad, it seems like a good product at a reasonable price, but I'm pretty sure the guy is a deadbeat scammer. No idea why he bothered to make a video and website if he's just looking to rip people off $179 at a time...

That's good info. and potentially money saving for sure! Thanks!

You're very welcome. I'm still tee'd off about the dude, but at least I'm not out anything other than time.

I really need to order a new panel and get it painted. I'll probably end up removing the original and installing the new panel to try to save a few bucks.

got the crack

I'm also a member of the "crack club". happened about 4 months ago. just turned 100,000 last night and I picked up the fresh air box assembly yesterday and I'm doing that this weekend. Shouldn't be too bad using the swing the dash out to the side method. Ford should do a recall on the crack, fresh air door, & the rear end whine. Life would be good then...

Another member of the "crack club".:mad::mad::mad:
Happened about two months ago. (Just pasr 60k)

Is there any headway on a class action?
I'll have my wife call the Ford number tomorrow since it's her vehicle.

there wont be a recall by ford because legaly they dont have to. But you can get it replaced for around 350 bucks if its that big of a deal to you, i know it wasnt to me :p.

i actually just had mine replaced for free:p ford dealer was on my side for once and they called ford to ***** on my behalf. ford covered parts and paint now i just need to take my old one off and install the new one. they had 2 on there lot and a few complains before about the same issue. it might have helped also that i'm a returning customer(bought my super duty, mountaineer and a 98 explorer there)

i actually just had mine replaced for free:p ford dealer was on my side for once and they called ford to ***** on my behalf. ford covered parts and paint now i just need to take my old one off and install the new one. they had 2 on there lot and a few complains before about the same issue. it might have helped also that i'm a returning customer(bought my super duty, mountaineer and a 98 explorer there)

thats pretty sweet. lucky you...

btw i looked the other day at the piece and removed the plastic molding inside and i didnt see any way to remove that piece, no screws no nothing, just the lock thing for the glass.

if you would ever be so kind can you take pictures of when you replace it?

it is glued on basically. takes a wide putty knife and and a rubber mallet. i professionally seal and caulk buildings for a living so i'm gonna try my own "goop"

there wont be a recall by ford because legaly they dont have to. But you can get it replaced for around 350 bucks if its that big of a deal to you, i know it wasnt to me :p.

wish it was that cheap here in Australia.... priced just the part here and they want $700 just for the panel...... then I have to have it painted and fitted up !!!:mad:

wish it was that cheap here in Australia.... priced just the part here and they want $700 just for the panel...... then I have to have it painted and fitted up !!!:mad:

I was quoted over $1200 fully painted and fitted by ford!

I'm considering using checkerplate, painted black. Should never crack again, but will look "odd".

Two words........Junk Yard.

You can literally find anything there....for cheap.

Mine too

So this Morning on Christmas I went out side to find that due to my Crack my Window Blew Out Im so upset and i love my explorer but I need Some real help i Have no money and the Dealer ship told Me that they cant do anything is this true i feel they should pay for it i Have only had my suv sin January of last year :(

When i went to get the crack fixed they said $550 but that i will just crack in another year to two years ..????? So my brather wants to but a steel plate instead of plastic like we used on the buggy but then the glass blew today know im screwed

Hi i was wondering if u had any luck my explorer has on 50,000 miles and was cracked for one month then my window blew out i cant get it fixed for a while

cracked glass

There was a recall on the hinges on rear glass a few years ago, something about the glass could break or crack and fall out , cause injury or death. Something like that. I had mine replaced/fixed (hinges) with recall 3 or 4 years ago. No crack in panel though. My gas struts are weak and it closes easily. I'm afraid if I put new struts on the increased resistance closing it would cause it to break. In any case there was a recall on the hinges. Hope that helps, and hope my panel doesn't crack now

Hi Tarpman :)
Well i have been looking into the recall stuff and came to find out that the glass type on the recalls are DOT 430 and of course mine is DOT 75 sucks so i dont know if i can get the recall to fix it??? im going to try and fight the ford dealership cause its not my fault i broke like that ????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford Explorer Crack in back hatch

I have two cracks in liftgate of my Ford Explorer, 04. I have called my local dealer and he says he can't help me. He gave me the # for Ford and they said they were sorry they couldn't do anything for me.

I feel that Ford used inferior materials since my Ford Explorer has been garaged and has never been exposed to severe cold weather outside. If this car cannot survive the weather in Memphis, Tn, Heaven help those owners who live in Chicago.

I have the phone #'s to call and will do so. Thanks for the info. Dennis

Back