rear bumper ice | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rear bumper ice

Reaction score
City, State
Pender Nebraska
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Explorer
I have an 08 Explorer and love it. however we just recently had some bad weather here in the midwest and I found out that when you drive through snow for a long period of time (200 miles to my inlaws) the snow and spray from the road settle on the bumper and you cannot get the back gate open. Its no big deal for me because the back glass opens. But my short wife and I had a little argument when she tried to open the whole hatch, then could niether get it all the way open or get it closed again. There was 3 inches of ice frozen to the top of the bumper. After a few choice cuss words in -18 degree weather at night and a bunch of scrapeing I got the thing open all the way so I could close it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All I have to say to that is have a merry christams!

I had a worst problem

I had frozen snow all under my truck, between the wheels and struts.
My whole truck shake every time I did over 40mph.....

Glad its melted now!!

Same probelem here in Chicago on my 06. Nothing to do except brush it away.

I had a worst problem

I had frozen snow all under my truck, between the wheels and struts.
My whole truck shake every time I did over 40mph.....

Glad its melted now!!

same here, but I did some wheelin xmas eve and was stuck for 2 hours. I made it 36 miles to the closest car wash and got most of it off.

Do you still have stock wheels on? What size tires are they? They look beefy, I like them!

Back