Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show

Welcome to the Forum Whitney22.:wave:
Okay, here goes the obvious question. Are the guidelines set to ON in the information display?
Usually after a camera is replaced the camera has to be configured to the vehicle. Although yours wasn't replaced, do you know if they checked or did that procedure? Active and fixed guidelines are still being used. They have not been discontinued. I believe that the 'Active' ones are still only available in Explorers with Active Park Assist.
Given the year of your Explorer I think you are going to end up having to replace the camera. Many posts here about 2011/2012 failures. Good luck.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/rearview-camera-problems.318879/

Peter

I just took a long look at all the settings and explored things.LOL> I also looked up which sync update was installed. The SYNC2-v3.10 was what was installed. there is not a button to even select the active+fixed or the Fixed off for the guidelines. My Explorer does have the Active Park Assist. I have not used it but there is a button for that on the lower left hand side of the steering wheel dash. I pressed the button and the option showed up on the screen. so you think it is probably the camera?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just took a long look at all the settings and explored things.LOL> I also looked up which sync update was installed. The SYNC2-v3.10 was what was installed. there is not a button to even select the active+fixed or the Fixed off for the guidelines. My Explorer does have the Active Park Assist. I have not used it but there is a button for that on the lower left hand side of the steering wheel dash. I pressed the button and the option showed up on the screen. so you think it is probably the camera?
There definitely are settings for the guidelines. I copied the following from the 2013 Manual as I don't have the 2012 on this laptop.
Adjusting the Rear View Camera Settings (If Equipped)
To access any of the rear view camera system settings, make the
following selections in the touch screen when the transmission is not in
R (Reverse):
1. Menu
2. Vehicle
3. Rear View Camera
After changing a system setting, the touch screen shows a preview of the
feature(s) selected.

Peter

There definitely are settings for the guidelines. I copied the following from the 2013 Manual as I don't have the 2012 on this laptop.
Adjusting the Rear View Camera Settings (If Equipped)
To access any of the rear view camera system settings, make the
following selections in the touch screen when the transmission is not in
R (Reverse):
1. Menu
2. Vehicle
3. Rear View Camera
After changing a system setting, the touch screen shows a preview of the
feature(s) selected.

Peter

I understand what you are saying. I know where those settings should be. I accessed them in the past but since they updated to the SYNC v3.10, there are only two options when getting to #3 on your list.
Enhanced Park Aids
Rear camera delay
Before I took it in for the camera not working
I had the options for active and fixed lines. I have no lines at all. When I click enhanced park aids nothing happens either. Since posting last night my camera has quit working again. I don't even get the contact dealership screen. Called the dealership and the service tech working on my problem is out until Friday. He still thinks it is APIM.

I understand what you are saying. I know where those settings should be. I accessed them in the past but since they updated to the SYNC v3.10, there are only two options when getting to #3 on your list.
Enhanced Park Aids
Rear camera delay
I had the options for active and fixed lines. I have no lines at all. When I click enhanced park aids nothing happens either. Since posting last night my camera has quit working again. I don't even get the contact dealership screen. Called the dealership and the service tech working on my problem is out until Friday. He still thinks it is APIM.
If the options were there before the software update and gone after it was done, I'd think it was the software update that removed the settings, not the APIM.
Not many have the V3.10 version since it is available only through the dealer. In any case, I still think the camera not working may be a separate issue.

Peter

If the options were there before the software update and gone after it was done, I'd think it was the software update that removed the settings, not the APIM.
Not many have the V3.10 version since it is available only through the dealer. In any case, I still think the camera not working may be a separate issue.

Peter

Thanks for the information.

Enhanced Park Aids
Rear camera delay

Sorry This Post Is Have One Year Ago You Solved?

My Ford Touch Is Update To 3.10 And No Have Option To Guideline
My Camera Work But Some Times Stop And Work Again(Black Screen) Only Need Put Car In N And Reverse Again
My Guideline Is Gone (Active In Forscam But When Camera Is Stop Working Guideline Gone Again)

Sorry This Post Is Have One Year Ago You Solved?

My Ford Touch Is Update To 3.10 And No Have Option To Guideline
My Camera Work But Some Times Stop And Work Again(Black Screen) Only Need Put Car In N And Reverse Again
My Guideline Is Gone (Active In Forscam But When Camera Is Stop Working Guideline Gone Again)
That member you quoted has not been on here since September. Not sure if the member is still active here.

Peter

My rear view camera guidelines (red, green and yellow lines) are gone. The settings is turned "on" but nothing. I've done a master reset and still nothkno.... do I need to take it back to the dealer?

Welcome to the Forum Ella.:wave:
It is possible the camera needs to be replaced. As you can see in this thread, many of the early models have cameras that have failed. You could try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for as few minutes, the reconnect and see if that may have solved the problem. It is sort of a last ditch attempt. You will probably lose some of your saved memory setting and may have to re-pair your phone. I'm not aware of what else you can do.

Peter

Hi All

I have a 2012 Explorer XLT and I also noticed that one day the backup guidelines just disappeared. Reading through these threads and various youtube videos I saw that this could be easily restored with an OBD cable and laptop using the Forscan app. So I bought a cable and downloaded the app and the fix worked! However, the guidelines fell off again the following day. So I repeated the procedure and it worked again the lines came back. However the following day the lines were gone again. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Hi All

I have a 2012 Explorer XLT and I also noticed that one day the backup guidelines just disappeared. Reading through these threads and various youtube videos I saw that this could be easily restored with an OBD cable and laptop using the Forscan app. So I bought a cable and downloaded the app and the fix worked! However, the guidelines fell off again the following day. So I repeated the procedure and it worked again the lines came back. However the following day the lines were gone again. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You should be able to restore the guidelines by going into the rearview camera menu settings and turning them ON. Did you try that? From the MFT screen, click on settings.....then vehicle.......then rear view camera.....make sure the lines are set to on.....It will show you a preview.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You should be able to restore the guidelines by going into the rearview camera menu settings and turning them ON. Did you try that? From the MFT screen, click on settings.....then vehicle.......then rear view camera.....make sure the lines are set to on.....It will show you a preview.

Peter
Yes that was my first thought too but the options are set to yes and the preview does show the guidelines but when I put it in reverse nothing.

Yes that was my first thought too but the options are set to yes and the preview does show the guidelines but when I put it in reverse nothing.
Given the year of your Explorer, it could be that the camera is starting to fail, although I don't recall another issue with it exactly like yours. I'm not sure what else to suggest other than to see if the dealer can figure it out. They will probably recommend a new camera. If the video is good and your rear sensors work then at least you are not 'blind' in the back. At least that is a positive.

Peter

Hi Guys,
I have trawled the net for hours to find out why my camera gridlines don't work. I tried every "fix" imaginable. I've reset the SYNC, pulled out fuses - everything. Then - inspiration - I plugged in my trailer cable, removed it and voila! The gridlines have reappeared.
Hope this is helpful for someone in the same predicament.
Cheers
TJ

Hi Guys,
I have trawled the net for hours to find out why my camera gridlines don't work. I tried every "fix" imaginable. I've reset the SYNC, pulled out fuses - everything. Then - inspiration - I plugged in my trailer cable, removed it and voila! The gridlines have reappeared.
Cheers
TJ
Welcome to the Forum TJ.:wave:
In all your "fixes" I hope you also checked to see if the guidelines were set to ON in the settings.;)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum TJ.:wave:
In all your "fixes" I hope you also checked to see if the guidelines were set to ON in the settings.;)

Peter
Thanks for your welcome. And yes, all the settings were on and the manual was read conscientiously! :)

Hi Guys,
Cheers
TJ

Has anyone else tried this? Seems like a really good idea.

Just checked. No, it doesn't solve the problem. Sorry guys. I wish I could say it did.
Do you have any guidelines at all? Did you ever have them? Have you checked the settings?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have any guidelines at all? Did you ever have them? Have you checked the settings?

Peter
I did have them. I got rear-ended and had some work done. They didn't change the camera. But they did change a backup sensor and a plug. Now I don't have lines and when I hit the + to zoom, or the camera button below the screen for wide angle, the vehicle icon in the upper right disappear.

Back