Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by bluelion, October 24, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2020 Aviator Reserve
    Callsign:
    VE3
    Do the sensors still produce an increasing audible sound as you approach an object? I know that a replacement camera has to be programmed to the vehicle but I have no idea if that applies to a replacement sensor. I wouldn't think so. Have you had it back to the dealer? It could be the camera is bad.

Peter

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. The Grey

The Grey New Member

2017, Sport
    Yes, all front and rear sensors work correctly and display on the screen. Just no lines or zoom/wide angle view. I'll be reaching back out to the body shop tomorrow.

4. wilsonflyer

wilsonflyer New Member

City, State:
    NC
    2011, Limited
    I wonder if that specialized Ford Android app for codes will reset it? I replaced mine (camera) just a few minutes ago and haven't tried, but I bet it will. That app's pretty all-inclusive. Can't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

I'm running by a buddy (Independent shop) in a few minutes to see if his high-dollar scanner can do it. If it can't, I will try the app and report back. I'm not paying a dealership to do it regardless. Just on general principle. I was raised in an independent garage my daddy ran for 45 years. I can live without the lines.

Edit: Here it is. FORScan Home

5. The Grey

The Grey New Member

2017, Sport
    I was able to use FORScan from the laptop and rewrite the line in the module. Got it back up without any trouble after. Thanks

6. wilsonflyer

wilsonflyer New Member

City, State:
    NC
    2011, Limited
    Yep. Just did the same thing to mine with the Windows beta.

• Like Like x 1