Rear Control Heat Top Vents Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Control Heat Top Vents Issue

WilfJ

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Stop me from thinking I am crazy but i am sure my heat in the back worked like the following.

I have a 2014 Ford Explorer Sport. There is top panel 2nd and 3rd row that blows out heat and air.

If I control the heat/air from the mytouch screen, and set the fan to blow cold air in the top back panels, then cold air blows out of the top vents, if i set it to heat, there is NO heat that blows out of the top - it blows out of the bottom.

If I set it to manual so the passengers in the 2nd row control the heat, they can get the heat to blow out of the top vents.

Why isn't the heat blowing out of the top vents when I control it from Mytouch? I swear it worked like that before.

Help!

If you max the heat setting (temp, not speed), if I recall, 3 levels, it goes to the floor. The 1st or 2nd heat level will blow out the roof vents. Check your temp setting.

If you max the heat setting (temp, not speed), if I recall, 3 levels, it goes to the floor. The 1st or 2nd heat level will blow out the roof vents. Check your temp setting.

I know with mine, max temp for rear = out floor only
Anything less than max temp, air does come out of the top, but I cannot confirm if anything comes out of the floor (in the rear seats).
This is with me controlling rear HVAC through MFT.

Welcome to the Forum Wilf.:wave:

Peter

Back