Rear door lock cap/cover and center console | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear door lock cap/cover and center console

kilker12

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
Hi everyone! Im a proud new owner of a 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac SOHC 4.0L! I just bought the truck last week from a dealers auction for $4300 and its my first car. My dad owns a 2003 Sport Trac that I loved and just happened to see this one at the auction and went for it!

Mechanically, the truck seems perfect, however cosmetically it needs some work. Two days ago I had to fix a jamming driver door lock when using the power locks and I just got the missing hardware for the bed cover and a key made (topper didn't come with any). My cruise control buttons are almost hanging off my steering wheel bc the plastic arms have been snapped off and Im missing the plastic cover for one of my tail lights.

With my progress towards restoration moving along nicely, Ive finally hit a speed bump. The least problematic is I'm missing a door lock cap for my rear driver side door. Thats the only name I could come up with for it but for clarification its the piece so the person in the back seat can manually unlock the door and open it (I wish the unlocked automatically like the front doors do but oh well). So I need some help finding this piece.

Next is Im missing the bag and lid for my center console so I also need help locating both of these. I have the tan interior also.

Before someone says junkyard, I have checked both junkyards within reasonable distance and one had no explorers or sport tracs and the other that did, was missing both parts I was looking for. People seem to buy these trucks up fast in my area.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me in locating these parts!

Back