Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Rear end noise?

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by mbadams, January 27, 2006.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. mbadams

mbadams New Member

City, State:
    Racine, WI
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '02 EB
    I have a '02 EB and am having noise coming from the rear. To me it sounds like wheel bearings but looking on here there is alot more problems with the diffs making noise. So is there anyway I could tell if it is wheel berings or the diff? It makes nosie at any speed and doesn't seem to get that much worse as the speed increases. It may get a little louder up to about 50-60 but then it stays the same.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. dixon95

dixon95 New Member

City, State:
    North Carolina
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    02 XLT
    I have a 02 XLT and had the rear end replace at 27,000. Ford replace it (under warranty) and said the shimm's were not lined up right when it was made. They put a new one in. The bearing were going out and causing it to dig into the diff. case. They way I could tell was that when I had the gas down (around 60) it would rumble but when I took my foot off of the gas the noise when get softer.