• Register Today It's free!

Rear Evaporator Pre-Screen

jk86racing

Reaction score
City, State
Granby, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Ford Explorer V8 E.B.
The compressor on my 4.6 with auxiliary controls failed and it spread metal chips throughout the system. I know in the front system there is the orifice tube which has a screen, but I was wondering if the rear system is screened and where? In the shop manual it says there is a screen at the bulkhead connection but I have not been able to break the connection and take a look. Does anyone have any hands on experience with this? Thank you in advance.

on the driver side rear just after the rear wheel, there are pipes for the hvac under the body. Look for the ac connection and disconnect the peanut fittings, the screen is in one of the pipe. Napa sells them for $9 or $11 (can't remember)

Awesome, that is what I thought but the connection is frozen. Ive tried everything I could to separate it including removing the stud, which is also frozen. My last hope is to cut the aluminum pipe inside so I can drop down the connection and get some better tools on it and just replace the aluminum tube and probably the expansion valve at the same time.

Back