• Register Today It's free!

Rear exhaust manifold replacement

Kevin-1

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Piu
does any know how to replace the rear exhaust manifold on a 2013 or any ideas how old help thanks

It's not too hard did it on my wife's 15. I believe it was 8 13mm nuts. Easiest way was jacking it up high unbolt both exhaust flanges drop exhaust some and reach up from the bottom you can actually reach each bolt ... Only reason I did mine was the dealer wanted to charge me 2k to do it if. It had a physical crack on it beings the Carfax showed it had been involved in an accident.. with only 7 k miles on it.. ended up taking it home and buying a rear manifold for $300 off eBay brand new oem Ford one . Changed it over . And found my factory one was actually warped...

Kinkinz24 how long did it take you, and which way did you take the manifold out, all the detailed advice or a walk thru video will help thank you so much brother

Took me about an hour and a half maybe and I didn't have a clue how it was in there I dropped it out thru the bottom it doesn't look like it will fit but it does with a little turning and twisting

Back