Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Rear eye leaf spring bushings

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Brem95, October 28, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Brem95

Brem95 Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Alberta
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    97' Explorer Sport OHV
    Hello, I’ve searched the forum but just want to get a clear cut answer so I know if the parts I ordered will work to get my truck back on the road.

I have a 97 sport with stock leafs, I bought warrior shackles installed driver side but passenger side bolt was seized in bushing so I was forced to drill out the bushing. I ordered energy suspension 4.2124r and plan on currently only doing rear spring eye bushings. I know it’s a kit for older models but after searching I saw that it will be compatible for shackle bushings and eye bushings. Can anyone confirm this? Do I remove the old bushing sleeves from the spring eyes? Want to make the install as painless as possible after work tmrw so I can drive the vehicle again.

Thanks!

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BKennedy

BKennedy Elite Loser Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    San Diego, PRofK
    1994 XLT
    Link to the kit you purchased would be helpful.
    As far as I know, shackle and eye bushings are different. The eyes on 95 and newer Explorers are smaller diameter than the 91-94 models, at least at the front mount. You should not have rubber bushings in one end and poly in the other.

4. Brem95

Brem95 Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Alberta
    97' Explorer Sport OHV
    Free Shipping To Canada And Usa For Energy Suspension 4.2124r - Rear Spring Bushings | Tdot Performance

As far as I know shackle and rear eyes will fit. Front eye will not. I will change shackle to body and rear eye for now, then purchase poly front in the near future. I just need something to get my vehicle on the road and oem parts are 10-15 days so this was the only option.

5. Brem95

Brem95 Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Alberta
    97' Explorer Sport OHV
    All worked out!

6D4F642B-893F-4249-91A9-58CC4CF40BB4.jpeg