Wanted - Rear Glass Hinges/hex bolts washers on 98 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Rear Glass Hinges/hex bolts washers on 98 Explorer Sport

Parts or services wanted

SCUBAnipper

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer Sport 2WD
Hi All,

This is my first post :)

I have 1998 Ford Explorer Sport, I need a new set of bolts for my back window glass. The hinges are fine but I've lost some of the washers for the bolts in back. I have subs so I'm sure they've rattled them out. Where can I find a complete set of bolts/washers/lock washers for my rear glass? I have them held in with super glue now (working for now) but it's always a gamble when I open the rear glass. Any assistance would help!

Thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are several members with parts trucks but your first stop should be a local junkyard and see what they have available. It'd also help if you would post a picture of what you need to supplement your description. You have to use photobucket or a similar site to post a pic on the forum. Good luck!

Check with the LMC Truck website

I know this is over a month old, but over this past weekend I went to LKQ in my town and pulled a complete set off a wrecked Explorer and the set was $4.

IMG_20111231_072553.jpg

Rear window hinge

I have a 1999 explore sport that needs new rear window hinges anyone have a video or a write up on how to remove the old hinges

I have a 1999 explore sport that needs new rear window hinges anyone have a video or a write up on how to remove the old hinges

if any body still needs them, i have a good set of glass hinges with the bolts, metal washers and rubber washers. PM me.

to remove them, if rusty spray some penetrant on the hardware, disconnect the lift supports from the window (e-clip as i recall and pull out the pin), hold the lift support bracket with a crescent wrench and unscrew the bolt.

Back