Rear Hatch - Aftermarket Trim | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Hatch - Aftermarket Trim

MikeCallery

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT Tri-Coat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks pretty neat. It would go well with B-Pillar Chrome trim too.

Post a picture when you get the trim installed.

I'm careful with these kind of things... the car could quickly become looking like a christmas tree - I prefer the stock look. But I'd like to see how it works out for you.

Greg - I fully agree! I'm not big into the chrome pillars for example, I like the blackened look of the side which is why I have the in-channel visors as they retain those lines. I'm not sure about this piece either, but will likely tape it in place first to see before I jump and do it. I do think it might be more of a protective nature then anything.

Well, I received it and installed it and I'm not 100% crazy about it. You can see a good picture of it on the link above so duplicating that is unnecessary.

I will say that it shipped with incredible packaging so that there is little chance, other then it being run over, that it could be damaged in shipping where it would be scratched.

It is cut to perfection and has a full backside of 3m industrial tape. It will never come off without a lot of effort and glue remover, that's for sure. The chrome side has a protective coating that peels away once installed. I think it will grow on me, I'm not sure what I expected as a physiological effect of improving the back end of the car. I think on a darker vehicle it would look really, really good! I think on my white Exp, it's not as good a result but a darker one, very much so!!!

Communication on the purchase and through eBay were excellent, no complaints there.

KUDOS to this Vendor: CardID

Though I'm not 100% crazy about the look on MY Explorer, I stated I thought this item would look great on a darker color.

I will say that I am very, very satisfied with the vendor. When this product arrived, it was shipped Fed Ex requiring a personal signature, meaning I had to physically be there. Why they did not ask simply for a signature release is beyond me as they were concerned about getting it to the right person. Anyway, I had to pay $6.00 to have UPS re-direct the shipment to my office so that I could sign for it. I complained to the vendor and he reimbursed me for my $6.00 charge and aplogized for the problem.

You don't get that type of reply often so I wanted to note it here. That's a pretty standup thing to do.

Back