• Register Today It's free!

Rear Heater controls

Jmagdaz

Reaction score
City, State
Branson,Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
i recently purchased a used ‘16 explorer sport. Is it correct that while the front heater controls has an auto/climate control the rear is only manual. I have small children in car seats in the 2nd row that can’t reach the rear controls ,so I am constantly manually adjusting the rear heat up and down. I traded off an 07 Tahoe Ltz that when I set the heater to auto it controls both the frt and rear heat. Is there something I’m over looking?
Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope, manual controls.

Nope, manual controls.

im not positive but I’m pretty sure you can lock the rear controls to do what the front does. I’m pretty sure it’s an option when you click into rear climate settings.

im not positive but I’m pretty sure you can lock the rear controls to do what the front does. I’m pretty sure it’s an option when you click into rear climate settings.
Locking the rear does not mirror the front. You still have to set the rear through mft.

Locking the rear does not mirror the front. You still have to set the rear through mft.

gotcha. So it just locks it so that the people in the back can’t manually change it. I thought I remember reading a post in the sync 3 section about syncing the two climate controls together. At work right now and don’t have time to search but OP I would look there.

gotcha. So it just locks it so that the people in the back can’t manually change it. I thought I remember reading a post in the sync 3 section about syncing the two climate controls together. At work right now and don’t have time to search but OP I would look there.

Correct, think "I don't want my 8 year old constantly playing with the controls"... so you lock it. They do not sync with the front, completely independent HVAC systems. But what you change on the MFT screen will show on the rear.. they just can't make adjustments unless you unlock it.

Welcome to the Forum Jmagdaz.:wave:

Peter

Back