Rear water leak | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear water leak

strtracer436

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ford explorer xlt
Has anyone had water leak though the roof by the windows in the rear. It doesn't come down the roof and get on the padding but it drips down on both sides from interior plastics above the rear windows

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those rear window seals are gone. Do a search, common problem solved by taking the windows out & using new tape around the windows you can buy from amazon, Napa & elsewhere. Not really hard to do.

Those rear window seals are gone. Do a search, common problem solved by taking the windows out & using new tape around the windows you can buy from amazon, Napa & elsewhere. Not really hard to do.

Awesome thank you for the tip I'll look into that.

I did the job once before around 2013/2014, the windows bolt in the sides, and I cleaned out the old crap and used clear windshield gasket maker. I think the biggest PITA part was getting the interior side panel trims out without breaking it.

Just went through this, only one side leaked so far but it was a pain to remove all the trim pieces. Glad it’s done though as water was making the carpet wet and would have rotted the floor eventually

Headliner Removal

Back