• Register Today It's free!

rear wheel air deflictor

cbx1047

Reaction score
City, State
waikesha, wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 limited
Just noticed the right rear air deflector (the one in front of tire) is falling off. There are two metal inserts that go into the under side of the frame? and there are two bolts that secure it to the bottom of the suv. I am sure I have not driven over anything, but I have taken it to the car wash a few times. Has anyone else had this happen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just checked mine and they are fine.

Mine are fine, and have been through the car wash close to a 100 times since my purchase in February. Hopefully your selling dealership will fix/repair under warranty.

I am taking it in this morning, will let you know.

I hit something on the road a couple months ago and it ripped mine off. Was a branch, or an animal, or something, don't remember.

Just snapped it back in and it was fine.

It seems that some car washes have aggressive lower brushes thus loosening the plastic panels, I checked mine the left one was loose.

I fixed it myself without taking it in. I loosened up the bolts from the inserts and then pushed the inserts back into the body, while holding the bracket tight to the frame I tightened the bolts. It seems secure at this time but will see what happens this winter when snow build up around it.
I think this should have been made out of flexible rubber like the front lower air dam. Just my thought.

Rear wheel trim

There is a piece of trim in front of each rear wheel that keeps coming loose. Is it some type of spoiler or air dam? Does anyone know what this is and if it is needed? I have to keep popping it back in because it rattles as I am driving. I included a pic.
rear_wheel.JPG

That serves 2 purposes... air deflection and to help prevent debris from going into the rear tire.

There are 2 screws that go into the wheel well and then 2 push type prongs that go up into the body of the frame area. I have pushed them back in several times but after some time they come back out. Maybe the prongs are busted? I have to take them off to see. Let me know if anyone finds a fix because under my premium ESP trim is not covered.

It seems that some car washes have aggressive lower brushes thus loosening the plastic panels, I checked mine the left one was loose.

Blasphemy...how can you go through a cloth type carwash?:eek:
I only use touchless and I know it doesn't get the job done, but it's enough until I can wash by hand the next day or so.

Back