Rear window hatch not working ..."door ajar" sensor going crazy! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear window hatch not working ..."door ajar" sensor going crazy!

67Shelby

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and glad to have found it! I have a 2002 Explorer and the rear window latch mechanism stopped working. We took apart the rear hatch to find a plastic piece that attaches the cable to the latch dry rotted and fell apart. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find either a whole new cable assembly or replacement part.
I really want to get this fixed because I have to leave the vehicle unlocked. Otherwise the alarm goes off if a gust of wind hits it right and thinks the window is being opened! Not only is it embarrassing walking out of the store with the alarm going off but, it is also causing the interior dome lights to stay on until the computer battery sensor turns them off.
Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Even if I have to make something myself.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Check out these guys: http://www.group1autoparts.com/

They have good exploded diagrams and should help you pinpoint the part and/or part number.

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Back