• Register Today It's free!

Rear window wiper blade fix

Zdog90210

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT sport
the rear window wiper blade is not at the correct angle it should be at and it comes off the class and goes on the paint
mail
i was just wondering how to fix this problem because it seriously damages the wiper blades. i know there is a bolt under the center cap
mail
and when i take that bolt off it still doesn't budge i don't want to yank on it to hard as to not brake the wiper assembly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am thinking it is the motor, linkage to the arm, or it is the splines inside the arm where it mounts that are worn out so it can't stop when the arm is coming back to the normal stop position. If your blade is not touching the glass then usually it is the arm is bent or the spring inside the arm is no good. I would recommend replacing the arm and blade. Just double ckeck the teeth on the motor and not worn out before you change the arm and blade.

Welcome aboard Zdog90210!! :salute:

If you unscrew the nut, the wiper arm will pull straight off. Then you can put it back on in the correct position. I had to do this with mine when I first got it.

Hope this helps out. :biggthump

Mine gets moved all the time from the factory parked position such as when I go through the automatic car wash. I move it back to where it belongs with my hand and tighten the bolt on occassion but it gets knocked loose again.

You'll need a small 2-jaw puller to pop it off after you remove the nut. I used a battery terminal puller. Then you can adjust it correctly.

Back