Rearview Camera Active Guidelines | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rearview Camera Active Guidelines

Unless the 2016 model is different, ACTIVE guidelines are only on vehicles with Active Park Assist.

Peter

Unless I am completely confused (and that is always possible with me :) ) my 2017 XLT has the Active guidelines (the black lines that move as you turn the steering wheel, right?) Maybe it's different because I have the 'technology package', not sure. I'm running 202A (front and rear sensing system, but no active park assist.) I know he's asking about 2016 and not 2017, but I wonder if it wouldn't be the same since basically all that changed was the model year (and the addition of the sport appearance package availability this year)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Active guidelines are white. Not available on the 16 Sport.

Active guidelines are white. Not available on the 16 Sport.
This really confused me so I went down to the parking garage to make sure I am not crazy. Turns out I'm only partially crazy. My Active guidelines are indeed white. What was throwing me off is the dashed black line that is in the middle of the Active guidelines. Guess I just never paid much attention to the outer two lines.

On my 2012 limited when in reverse i can turn the wheel and the path of the vehicle is displayed.
Great for hooking up my trailer.

On my 2016 Sport when in reverse i turn the wheel and the path is NOT displayed. WTF?

Anyone know what option code this is?

It's a setting somewhere in the UI. You definitely can turn it on or off! I just don't remember exactly where it was. Could be in the left side under driving assistance, or in the Sync settings under vehicle. I just got mine 48 hours ago.

It's a setting somewhere in the UI. You definitely can turn it on or off! I just don't remember exactly where it was. Could be in the left side under driving assistance, or in the Sync settings under vehicle. I just got mine 48 hours ago.
Yours 2017 has a different sync version from my understanding. I've looked and looked. My outside temp sensor also doesn't work....found the setting for that but its grayed out.

On my 2012 limited when in reverse i can turn the wheel and the path of the vehicle is displayed.
Great for hooking up my trailer.

On my 2016 Sport when in reverse i turn the wheel and the path is NOT displayed. WTF?

Anyone know what option code this is?
In previous model years you only had the Active Guidelines if the vehicle had Active Park Assist (APA). If the 2016 has those guidelines without having to have APA then you have to check your settings as mentioned above. See pages 206-208 in your Manual. Lots of good info in the thing.;)

Peter

Active Guidelines if the vehicle had Active Park Assist (APA).
Peter
Active Park Assist (APA) - GURRR another thing i guess the Sport didn't have. Now i have to find what sensors are needed and if the Sport even has them. If it does I guess ill have to figure out how to turn it on. I've seen somewhere an ODB2 app that can upload feature codes.

w1kedz,

The active guide lines are only available with the active park assist. This is partly because with the extra sensors installed (needed for park assist) it also detects to the side and can verify the area is clear of obstructions in the intended path of travel.

Cory

My friend have base model of ford taurus 2016, his car is equipped with basic sync screen (the smaller one) and still he have this active guidelines feature when he turn ON the reverse camera. Whereas I have ford explorer XLT 2015 and I dont have active guidelines feature in my rear view camera. Although my car is equipped with 8" MFT screen! This really sucks!

My friend have base model of ford taurus 2016, his car is equipped with basic sync screen (the smaller one) and still he have this active guidelines feature when he turn ON the reverse camera. Whereas I have ford explorer XLT 2015 and I dont have active guidelines feature in my rear view camera. Although my car is equipped with 8" MFT screen! This really sucks!
Active Guidelines are only on those Explorers that have Active Park Assist. Does his Taurus have that feature? I really don't know why Ford couldn't have the feature on all reverse cameras.

Peter

Active Guidelines are only on those Explorers that have Active Park Assist. Does his Taurus have that feature? I really don't know why Ford couldn't have the feature on all reverse cameras.

Peter

No this taurus is base model, it doesn't even have rear parking sensors...i can't understand ford's logic here. If its software thing then i think we can enable it through forscan.. right?

No this taurus is base model, it doesn't even have rear parking sensors...i can't understand ford's logic here. If its software thing then i think we can enable it through forscan.. right?
Not a Forscan guy so I can't answer that.

I tried enabling it with the published Forscan codes and the Explorer did not like it. Caused some errors on the car dashboard , so I reverted the code back to what it was before and the errors went away.

Back