Receiver w/ USB Input for less than $100? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Receiver w/ USB Input for less than $100?

Ummm, no. I don't have an IPOD, I have a standard MP3 player. So I could care less about the IPOD hookup. I need the USB and/or the SD slot. I really don't want a bunch of add-on parts to clutter up my space in the cab. There's already not much space to begin with- I don't want a bunch of cables, MP3 players, accessories, etc flying around. That's why I'd prefer the USB and/or SD card. I don't own 1 cassette- so that's just a waste of space to me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you Eyal8r, I can no longer follow this thread. Good luck to you, and may you find what it is you are looking for. Take care!

I completely agree with FordFam. I have had NO problems out of my VR3 unit, and it really does have great features and great sound. I haven't had any problems with text being cut off, and it does scroll. The volume knob on the right is not an issue, and the remote is easy as hell to use while you're driving. These units are WELL worth the money in my humble opinion.

Really? WOW. Actually, I've been reading a ton of reviews on these things- many, many people are very pleased with them. I might go check them out, just to compare...
Thanks!

I would go with the Pioneer DEH-P4000UB. It has an USB connector in the back where you can easily connect an external computer Hard Drive or an USB Flash Drive to store your music:

Pioneer DEH-P4000UB - $129.99

huh- that looks nice. But is the USB only in the back? How do I use it if it's in the back? I assume I hookup a cable, then port it to the front, glove box, or somewhere, right?

No memory buttons for radio stations on that tho... that'd be annoying.

Check it on this site the have a more detailed description: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11103_Pioneer+DEH-P4000UB.html#

Playback and Audio Features:
  • Playback of CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, AAC, WAV, and WMA
  • Supertuner IIID with 18FM/6AM presets
  • 1-bit D/A Converter
  • AGC (Automatic Gain Control)
  • Two-Way Crossover Network
  • Selectable high-pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, 125 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
  • Selectable low-pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, 125 Hz, 18 dB/octave with 0-12 dB bass boost)
  • EEQ (3-band parametric equalizer)
I am planning on getting this model or the DEH-P5000UB and connect an external laptop hard drive to it to store my music.

putting the clarion dz385usb in tonight, looks like a nice unit
have a friend who has always used clarion and he's never had any probs
(129.95 from crutchfield w/ 20 coupon)

FYI I called into place my order to get the $20 coupon to work

I have never liked Clarion's sound quality (bad S/N ratio, 'strange' sounding EQ), but that one looks nice. I like the USB/aux inputs behind a cover. I go off road a lot and dust/dirt in the input ports didn't even occur to me :wtf:.

FWIW, my Sony CDX-GT420U is installed. It sounds quite a bit better than the factory unit and works great. Just have to wait and see if it "Xplods" on me :cool:.

I put the clarion in last night, w/o touching any settings (w/ stock speakers) it sounds so much better than stock headunit
after playing with the 'magna bass' and the preset eq settings it sounds great ... I can now tell that my LR speaker is blown lol

I would recommend this one
all those features for a great price

edit: crutchfield sends all the necessary install parts, looks really nice, I'll put a pic on photobucket later and link it here

FYI-
I just placed an order for the Kenwood KDC-MP438U from Crutchfield using the $20 off coupon code. I'll let you guys know what I think when I get it delivered/installed. Thanks for all your help!

Back