• Register Today It's free!

Recirculating door question

Tcford

Reaction score
City, State
Traverse City, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Limited
The fix I employed when the door dropped over the blower was to secure it with a dw screw covering the inlet. No more cold air in the winter, but.....
My windows fog (front and side) most of the time even when defrost is on. Do I need to crack the recirculating door open to let some outside air in? AC light goes off when I select either defrost position. The motor is exposed right now as I'm debating what to do..Help!

I read some older posts regarding the recirculating door removal / seal off air vent debate. I have decided to crack the recirculating door open a bit to allow "some" outside air in, not much, but maybe 1/4" to see if that solves the problem. I'll get back to you all later on the results.

The AC light is going off with defrost on because the outside temperature is too cold. Around 40 degrees, the low pressure switch cuts out the compressor.

I'm pulling fresh air as I've removed the flap and I don't usually have moisture issues. Unless a bunch of us get in and are breathing heavy. Damn heavy breathers.

I was planning on blocking the fresh air side, so let us know how it goes.

Ive just removed my flap and blocked cabin side of intake with cardboard. so only fresh air im happy so far

Back