Recommended Tires for 15x8 Wheel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recommended Tires for 15x8 Wheel

I just bought a set of American Racing Burst 15x8 wheels for my 2000 Explorer Sport 2wd. What size tires are recommended? I do not want to have to do any trimming. I am considering 255/70/15 and 265/75/15. Is there anything else I should look at?

wheel specs:
15x8 - 5x4.5 Bolt Patter
3 3/4" Backspacing
-19mm offset

Thanks,
Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

31X10.5X15. Now will it rub on your X is the question. Some do, some don't.
Some do a 30X9.5X15. Not sure what those sizes are on P-metric form.

Look in this thread.
Max Tire Size.

The search feature is your best friend & will keep the moderators from :frustrate at you.

P.S. Welcome to the site :)

i had a similar question, figured i would post here instead of a new thread. i want a stock tire on some 15x8's. walmart has goodyear wragler a/t's on sale 50bucks a tire and i really need new tires. would P235/75/R15 be ok on a 15x8?

Ranger379 you you will be OK with a 235/75/15 on a 15X8.
Pughman here was running the same tire/wheel combo until he got his 31x10.5x15's.
The only thing to is the side wall will be stretched out some and more prone to being knocked off the bead if you hit a curb.

A 30x9.50x15 would be a better choice if you can aford to spend a little more.

ya i had that size , look'd ok, but one thing though , them goodyear wragler a/t's on sale for 50 bucks , ARE JUNK !!!!! they suck BAD !!!!! out of round, won't balance, on and on with them....

any-ways 235's on 15x8...

truck004.jpg

31's 2in. lift....

Picture042.jpg

Picture038.jpg

ya i figured for 50 bucks they pry aint anything great but they are better than the things i have now lol. some off brand thing that looks like it belongs on a car not a truck lol. plus my rims are ****ty and the tires are too great on tread. i think all of them are leaking air, dont know from rim or from tire, but they need pumped often. those 235's on the 15x8's dont look too bad either. might go that route anyway. not lifting till next year probably anyway. ill sleep on it lol

:thumbsup:
Ranger379 said:
i had a similar question, figured i would post here instead of a new thread.

that is exactly what you do! :thumbsup:

ExplorerDMB said:
:thumbsup:

that is exactly what you do! :thumbsup:

...smarter than your average n00b... lol

The KOs look the best.

Ranger379 said:
ya i figured for 50 bucks they pry aint anything great but they are better than the things i have now lol. some off brand thing that looks like it belongs on a car not a truck lol. plus my rims are ****ty and the tires are too great on tread. i think all of them are leaking air, dont know from rim or from tire, but they need pumped often. those 235's on the 15x8's dont look too bad either. might go that route anyway. not lifting till next year probably anyway. ill sleep on it lol

get Walmart's Liberator Tire , it is lot's better tire ! and only like $5.00 more.

What bs 15x8 for a 235/75-15 tire?

Back