2" Torsion Twist
1" Body lift
Bilstein 4600 Shocks
Mevotech TTX Ball Joints and Upper Control Arms
Extended swaybar links

Interior
Limited Steering wheel with redundant radio and digital temp controls
Digital HVAC
Custom leather upholstery (red leather in place of perforated leather)

Electronics/Communications
CB Radio

Exterior
Custom chili pepper red Paint PPG concept
Tupperware removed and holes welded up
"Serious Explorations" license plate frames front and back
Cut and re-welded front fenders 5" to clear larger tires
Limited Color Keyed Front Grill
Painted Rear Bumper
Chopped front bumper bed-lined

Sound
JVC KW-NT300 Nav/DVD/CD head unit
PAC adapter for steering wheel controls
Kicker DS68 6x8 Coaxial speakers
OEM 8" sub
SiriusXM

Exhaust
Flowmaster Super 44

Replaced:
Fuel tank
Cats
Tailpipe
Leaf Springs
Steering Rack
Inner Tie Rods
Front 4.10 Diff
Water Pump
CPS and Synchronizer
Radiator
A/C System
Front O2 Sensors
Muffler
Wheel Bearings
Multiple Fuel Pumps
Motor Mounts
Transmission mount

Rebuilt
Transmission
Engine

Kris' Old Registry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's gonna be a little while till I get those on there. I have to wait till I have a little extra money to get the alignment done after the TT.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I can't wait to see um.

Im glad you were able to locate the source of the problem and repair it! like I said, when diagnosing those types of issues, always look at the one variable that changed. In this case, it was the battery being moved around. But alas, awesome job bud and keep on!!

I always start cheap and work up to expensive when diagnosing.

I got up a little late today but decided I still wanted to get something done on Red. I still had the black radio bezel that I switched out for a wood grain one and I had an idea forming in my head about what I wanted to do with it. With sandpaper in hand I attacked that awful rubber coating on the bezel. After nearly spraining something and getting nowhere fast, I remember reading on EF about using brake cleaner to remove the coating. And you know what? It works! It took me a couple of hours switching between a straight blade, sand paper and the brake cleaner to finally get most of it off. I then had my brother spray paint it for me. It'll take a little while to dry but I really like the results so far.

b810053c.jpg

It kind of matches this...

red_solo_cup%2000.jpg

I think I still have some of those in the back of the truck from last years run. :)

Edit: 2000th post!!!

That is funny, you and Russell have almost the same post count. He is rocken one more than you.

Dig the paint scheme. Dont remember reading about brake cleaner, nice tip!

I read it somewhere on here when I was researching painting the bezel. Thing is though it drys quick and you will need a full can or more. The key is getting the timing down between when it's fully penetrated the material and before it drys out. I did find that light surface cracks develop on the plastic using this method so a good primer could help fill those in.

bigred.png

How red is it...Red enough where they can hear you coming red.

And it looks awesome in "Red" Bull. :D

d8c5f74a.jpg

68464347.jpg

Finally getting around to deciding what mods I am going to do to Red Bull.

Phase I
First up is a set of 285/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS. For a $166 tire with good reviews these are hard to pass up.

falvl3.ang.jpg

I am also going to do the TT and shackles right before I get the tires so I just have to get one alignment.

Phase II
I also have a new head unit picked out. It can be set up with GPS nav and HD radio with different modules and the price is pretty good. I am also going to upgrade the speakers in the doors. I got my dad a set of Kenwoods and he really likes them in his truck.

Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD

Phase III
Next up, an Aussie locker for the 8.8. This will be quite nice since I'm open in the rear right now.

Gonna be a busy year. :D

The 285s would look awesome under there. I looked at going with those falkens but ended up with firestone at's because I got my 265's for 110 a piece and I couldn't say no to that. I vote white letters out, but thats just me.

Cant wait to see everything be added! It'll be real killer!

Looken good. Those Pioneer head units are nice. My sister has one. You can ground out the pink wire so that you can play DVDs while driving.

Lookin forward to pics, no experience with Falkens but that is a great price. 16's in 285/75/16 or 305/70/16 (33x12.50x16) have really gone thru the roof. Main reason I stayed with a 15.

Looks like the tires are going to be put on hold, so I'm going to work on the sound system instead.

I also found out I have a pesky cruise control problem. :mad: I have checked all the fuses and they're good, pulled the airbag and checked the wires, and they're good. On occasion I can get the "cruise" light to come on but only for a second. Very frustrating. I guess I'm going to have to do some more diagnosing this weekend. I also need to grease the window tracks on the front doors as the back part of the window is sticking when I put them down. Just little things right now.

Back