Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Relay to a custom fuseblock?

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Kevex, September 23, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Kevex

Kevex Active Member

City, State:
      edgewater park,nj
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      99 XLT
      I have quite a few accessories that I want to hook up and thought if anyone thinks this will work---> wire a relay to say a 4 output fuseblock then I can wire 4 accessories(or more depending on # of output I have) to that one relay correct? Then wire switches from each output to amp remote wire, neons, fog lights, cb etc. This way if I forget to turn off say the fog lights, when I turn off the car the relay will turn off cutting power to the accessories. I would fuse each acc. with correct amp fuse then total them up for the size relay I need. Would this work?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. rydinhigh

rydinhigh Guest

why don't you just run a wire from a acc. wire to the distribution block. this way when you turn your truck off everything else turns off.

4. pband599

pband599 New Member

City, State:
      Apopka, FL
      99 Blue Base
      You could also do the same with a relay, hook up the remote so that it switches on when the truck is on and off when it is off, then have the input be a "always-on" 12V source then connect the outputs to your acc. thru a fuse block. the relay will switch the power on & off to the fuse/distro block, but if you still wanted to you could add switches after the fuse/distro block for each acc.

---12V---[relay]---[fuse block]---[switch]---[acc]

5. Kevex

Kevex Active Member

City, State:
      edgewater park,nj
      99 XLT
      Rydinhigh--If you just run all the accessories off the one acc. wire you would be drawing too much amperage from that little wire alone woouldn't you?

Pband599--thats what I want to do and like you said I would have a switch to each acc. so that I can turn any number of acc. off and still have the ones I wnat on.