Release date for new MFT? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Release date for new MFT?

Hey Rebecca

If you need to get the latest information on the new update please read the Thread from Chimoman as he has reported he already had his vehicle updated to v2.11 today.

Interesting Corporate Communication Strategy..........

Thank you, Sgt1411! However, the TSB for the update has not been released yet. If you decide to get the update before the release, you may be charged by the dealership.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you, Sgt1411! However, the TSB for the update has not been released yet. If you decide to get the update before the release, you may be charged by the dealership.

Rebecca

The TSB and the software being loaded into a production server are two different things.

Has the software been loaded/released?

Rebecca,

Your instructions for performing a master reset are not detailed enough for those people with factory NAV. I know this because when I performed these EXACT steps, I was immediately confronted with a warning that said I needed to remove my SD card or it would be erased. I think this is a fairly important detail to share in your instructions. Also, once you have removed the SD card and the system is rebooting, at what point should the SD card be re-inserted? Please let me know your thoughts on this.

-Al

Your Navigation SD card will not lose any data when you do a Master Reset. If it will ease your mind, take the card out before you start the Master Reset and then put it back in 30 seconds to 1 minute after your MFT has fully rebooted. I generally re-seat the card by taking it out for 30 seconds and putting it back in while the MFT is rebooting. You can do it either way.

Rebecca

The TSB and the software being loaded into a production server are two different things.

Has the software been loaded/released?

The software is out there, just not the Technical Service Bulletin. Some dealers have already begun installing the new version.

I'd recommend waiting for the TSB to be released because it will contain the instructions for the dealers.

Your Navigation SD card will not lose any data when you do a Master Reset. If it will ease your mind, take the card out before you start the Master Reset and then put it back in 30 seconds to 1 minute after your MFT has fully rebooted. I generally re-seat the card by taking it out for 30 seconds and putting it back in while the MFT is rebooting. You can do it either way.

Rebecca

Please don't treat me like I'm some kind of nut. The warning box was not in my imagination, it was put there by YOUR DESIGNERS; if it has no meaning, so be it, but I asked the question because your system says remove the SD card or it will be erased.

Rebecca

Nope NO CHARGE. Works great. Then again. My dealership ROCKS. Wood Motors Ford. Fredericton New Brunswick. They know how to treat a customer.

Please don't treat me like I'm some kind of nut. The warning box was not in my imagination, it was put there by YOUR DESIGNERS; if it has no meaning, so be it, but I asked the question because your system says remove the SD card or it will be erased.

I don't think Rebecca said you were a nut, or that the warning box was in your imagination. She simply was saying it wouldn't erase.

I suspect that the SD card is physically set to "read only", and the warning message is a standard message (in case you have something else in the SD slot).

vfral1, I am sorry that you feel I was "calling you a nut." I was not trying to imply that at all, I was simply answering your question.

Nope NO CHARGE. Works great. Then again. My dealership ROCKS. Wood Motors Ford. Fredericton New Brunswick. They know how to treat a customer.

I'm glad you didn't get charged for your update! :)

Rebecca

LMFAO, i usually only call people clowns in person, but vfral, you're a clown!! All that i read was, if you feel more comfortable, take it out, but it is not necessary.... warning labels are there for the company's protection from liability, all IVT said was it's not a big deal if you remove it or not. I guess they will not say that anymore because of you so that no one can accidentally erase the card and blame it on IVT's words.....

I just don't get some people.

I was going to reply to this in length, as these types of snarky responses when people are trying to help you irritate the living daylights out of me, but then I decided not to be snarky myself. It ends thusly.

Happy Driving.

I just don't get some people.

I was going to reply to this in length, as these types of snarky responses when people are trying to help you irritate the living daylights out of me, but then I decided not to be snarky myself. It ends thusly.

Happy Driving.

Ditto!
Snarky.. I LIKE IT !

+

Back