• Register Today It's free!

Remote access

mikes ford

Reaction score
City, State
schaumburg, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer sport
This question has probably been asked a million times but what module does the dealer need to install on a 2016 explorer sport to make the Ford remote access work off my phone. I called a local Ford dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about.

thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well unfortunately it looks like the remote access module has been discontinued due to lack of interest.
I have a 2016 and 2018 I’ve been trying to find modules for and I’ve been striking out.
The perimeter plus security module is still available however the actual remote access module is discontinued except maybe for eBay. It does require a dealer to activate.

What does the remote access feature do?

Well unfortunately it looks like the remote access module has been discontinued due to lack of interest.
I have a 2016 and 2018 I’ve been trying to find modules for and I’ve been striking out.
The perimeter plus security module is still available however the actual remote access module is discontinued except maybe for eBay. It does require a dealer to activate.
Thanks I’ve have been experiencing the same issue. I’m starting to look at the Viper options

Thanks I’ve have been experiencing the same issue. I’m starting to look at the Viper options

Fortin makes the evostart2 which does the same thing but without a yearly cost. You can add it to the EVO ONE starter

I’ll look into it thanks for the info

It was standard on my '18 Platinum and works well.

The app allows several features that are both useful and informative.

I have it on my 15 and Love it.. bought it for my Sons f250 and love it and it is now standard on my 19 f150 platinum with no annual fee.. GREAT tool.

Back