Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only) | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:dunno: I'm all out of ideas especially since its a PI model and could be different, only other thing would be to re-initialize the procedure and try an OEM key and recheck hood pin switch, but I doubt it will change anything. I can only relate it to what I did with mine. I had a hood pin switch installed and had the remote start activated with the Ford IDS and programmed the key thru the IDS because I only had one, then programmed the transmitter myself since it didn't learn at the same time, I think someone mentioned before to check for any trouble codes also.

:dunno: I'm all out of ideas especially since its a PI model and could be different, only other thing would be to re-initialize the procedure and try an OEM key and recheck hood pin switch, but I doubt it will change anything. I can only relate it to what I did with mine. I had a hood pin switch installed and had the remote start activated with the Ford IDS and programmed the key thru the IDS because I only had one, then programmed the transmitter myself since it didn't learn at the same time, I think someone mentioned before to check for any trouble codes also.

What do you mean by "programmed the key thru the IDS"? To my knowledge the process I'm following does not require keys to be programmed in IDS because the PIs do not have push button start or chipped keys. I've been following the below instructions each time to program my IKTs.

1.Close all doors, then open drivers door and press the Unlock button on driver’s door while it is open, insert key into ignition.

2.Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 8 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode. (if the door locks do not cycle, then it was done incorrectly. You must start over by removing key and beginning from step 1)

3.Within 10 seconds press any button on the first keyless remote to be programmed. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. If you only have one remote then skip to step 5.

4.Within 10 seconds, press any button on the second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming. Repeat step 4. for all other remotes.

5.Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

I was just going thru the non pi process with only one key with chip what I did with mine, yours wouldn't need the Ford IDS to program the key. Assuming all the new hardware is correct could also ask around what the last few digits of other peoples PI VIN number are that have had success activating remote start and if yours is out of that range, maybe Ford altered something. Ford could have changed the programming of your module but would have to see what others have as programming also.

Billy call Jason. He loves a good challenge LOL!!!

HI,

i read the thread and hope that i understand all right.

If i had the Hood Switch installed i only need a FOB with the Remote start button and activation via IDS?

Since i live in Germany, where the Explorer don´t be selling... i think that i had to try it with the VCX Nano tool.

But i´m a big fan of flip keys and use since 8-9 months the "new" one (see photo) and can´t find a (maybe i search wrong) remote flip key with the remote start button.

http://www.world-mg.de/files/fob.jpg

i hope you guys understand what i try to tell and give me the right hints or a link where i can buy a working solution :)

HI,

i read the thread and hope that i understand all right.

If i had the Hood Switch installed i only need a FOB with the Remote start button and activation via IDS?

Since i live in Germany, where the Explorer don´t be selling... i think that i had to try it with the VCX Nano tool.

But i´m a big fan of flip keys and use since 8-9 months the "new" one (see photo) and can´t find a (maybe i search wrong) remote flip key with the remote start button.

http://www.world-mg.de/files/fob.jpg

i hope you guys understand what i try to tell and give me the right hints or a link where i can buy a working solution :)
Reach JMR061
He has keys for sale. getting feature enabled will be your challenge.

Reach JMR061
He has keys for sale. getting feature enabled will be your challenge.
I'm guessing the Sports have the IA keys? Jason no longer sells the IKT type.

Peter

I'm having issues getting my remote start to work now. I hit the lock button, then hit the remote start button twice and the horn beeps and the flashers blink twice. I've tried unlocking and relocking the door thinking maybe everything just needs to be reset. But I keep getting back to hit lock, then remote start twice and the horn just beeps and it does not start.

Any ideas?

I'm having issues getting my remote start to work now. I hit the lock button, then hit the remote start button twice and the horn beeps and the flashers blink twice. I've tried unlocking and relocking the door thinking maybe everything just needs to be reset. But I keep getting back to hit lock, then remote start twice and the horn just beeps and it does not start.

Any ideas?

Refer to the owner's manual. It covers this.

Thanks to this thread I just got mine enabled and my wife is very happy. We don't have a garage so it will come in handy. Only one of three dealers in my area seemed to have any knowledge of this at all.

Best place to buy oem 5 button ikt's? I wanna do this to my wife's 13 Explorer xlt!

Best place to buy oem 5 button ikt's? I wanna do this to my wife's 13 Explorer xlt!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The safest place I would think is the dealership. The cheaper places that members have bought keys are on eBay and Amazon. But some have had issues with those.

Peter

I suggest staying away from non-oem units.

Jmr is there any other place you suggest to get the oem from other than dealer? Beings you don't sell them anymore

You can send a PM to Levittown Ford Super Center (Levittown Ford Parts). They are a site vendor. Go to the top right of he page, click on your username, select Conversations from the list, the on the resulting page select Start a New Conversation and in the participants box begin typing Levittown and it should bring up the name. Hope that helps.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Refer to the owner's manual. It covers this.
So I think my problem is sometimes when I press the lock button it's not being recognized. So when I hit the remote start button it doesn't want to start. And I think if you start the process and aren't successful it locks you out hence why I get the beep and no start. The fix has been to remote start the car so that it is in site and we see the lights flash when hitting the lock button. The only problem is we have to take a step outside the front door to see the car and at that point it almost defeats the purpose of remote start to begin with.

Back