• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Not Working

Holligl

Reaction score
City, State
Hoffman Estates, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited Platinum
Anyone else have their remote start quit working? I have checked both key FOBs and confirmed it is enabled on the dashboard menu. Adding it to the list to fix at the first oil change.

Anyone else have their remote start quit working? I have checked both key FOBs and confirmed it is enabled on the dashboard menu. Adding it to the list to fix at the first oil change.
Have you confirmed that you are using the correct procedure? I thought mine wasn't working until I re-read the manual. I was forgetting to hit the 'lock' button first before pressing the 2X button twice, all with 3 seconds of each other.

Have you confirmed that you are using the correct procedure? I thought mine wasn't working until I re-read the manual. I was forgetting to hit the 'lock' button first before pressing the 2X button twice, all with 3 seconds of each other.

That was it. For some reason I thought it was 2X twice then lock. Thanks!
This heat wave is making this a nice feature beyond the Winter.

That was it. For some reason I thought it was 2X twice then lock. Thanks!

Which is why I am a bit annoyed by the cheap key fob. The remote-start instruction sticker on the back peeled off within a month. I know it is petty, but if you are going to take the time to put on a sticker (it is important enough to warrant a sticker) then please make sure the sticker will withstand use.

That said, I do like the remote start!

Back