Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Remote Start = Powerlock, Door Ajar Problem

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by section8joe, October 4, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. section8joe

section8joe New Member

City, State:
    youngstown ohio
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 xls
    I don't know if this is a coincidence or not. I just got a remote start for my 02 explorer xls about a week ago. Everything was working fine until today. I started up my car with the key, and the door ajar light stayed on. The powerlock switch went dim and stopped working too. The window buttons work fine but the powerlock doesn't work. Now on the passenger side the lock lights up and I can still lock the car. Can this be a fuse problem? A remote start problem?
    If it is a fuse how to get into my fusebox to change it?

Please help me
    Thanks
    Joe

P.S. BY THE WAY WHEN I OPEN THE DOOR OR THE HATCHG THE DOME LIGHT DOES NOT GO ON.

Last edited: October 4, 2005
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Hawk03

Hawk03 New Member

City, State:
    Tipton, Iowa
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2003 Eddie Bauer
    My parents have a remote start on thier 03 Eddie Bauer with-out any problems lately. I know when it was first installed they had to take it back a couple times to get the kinks worked out of it. I would suggest taking it back to who ever installed it and try and get them to fix the problem. It sounds more related to the install than a fuse.