Remote start smart phone app ? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start smart phone app ?

I can only confirm the shock sensor at this time from my experience. However, the activation site states shock and proximity. Since it integrates with the OEM computer, I can't say either way at this time because it is plausible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can now confirm the following:

I rolled down my window, locked the doors, waited 30 seconds, reached in and opened the door from the inside, let the car horn start honking.

I then received a text:
=========
Alert from My 14 Explorer, at 8/4/2013, 2:24PM CDT the security system was triggered by a door opening.
=========

I can now confirm the following:

I rolled down my window, locked the doors, waited 30 seconds, reached in and opened the door from the inside, let the car horn start honking.

I then received a text:
=========
Alert from My 14 Explorer, at 8/4/2013, 2:24PM CDT the security system was triggered by a door opening.
=========
I hope they catch the culprit. :D:thumbsup:

Peter

I can now confirm the following: I rolled down my window, locked the doors, waited 30 seconds, reached in and opened the door from the inside, let the car horn start honking. I then received a text: ========= Alert from My 14 Explorer, at 8/4/2013, 2:24PM CDT the security system was triggered by a door opening. =========

Just had my dealer fix it yesterday. Service writer confirmed the jumper was still in. I am going to try the alarms today.

Wondering if others are still having trouble getting this installed and activated.

Mine is at the dealer as I type and it turns out they've never done this before, "the instructions are 21 pages long" (my copy is 19 but whatever), and "it looks like they have to take the center console apart and it might need to stay overnight".

I've read the instructions and it doesn't look too complicated to me, especially not if you are a certified tech.

How much to have this installed in Canada? Thanks EH!

Try calling a dealer. Prices vary.

Waiting to hear back from the dealer. Just wanted to get a feel for the prices that are out there. Don't want to get fleeced..... I'm Scottish

Waiting to hear back from the dealer. Just wanted to get a feel for the prices that are out there. Don't want to get fleeced..... I'm Scottish

Take the US price, double it, add HST, GST, PST, Fuel Tax, Federal Excise Tax, Duty, and then that should be close.

I had this installed in early June, 2013 when it first came out. I have a 2013 Limited. Hardware install was $550+ the app is a $50 per year subscription. Works great and I'm glad I got it. I am fortunate to have a very tech savvy service department at my dealer. Had it installed with no problems.

My installation took a morning. I picked it up at lunchtime.

.[/QUOTE]robo800300had this installed in early June, 2013 when it first came out. I have a 2013 Limited. Hardware install was $550+ the app is a $50 per year subscription. Works great and I'm glad I got it. I am fortunate to have a very tech savvy service department at my dealer. Had it installed with no problems. .[/QUOTE]

Take the US price, double it, add HST, GST, PST, Fuel Tax, Federal Excise Tax, Duty, and then that should be close.

Pretty much the same price. They quoted me 557+ Tax,,,,,, Including labour... Not a bad price for Canuckistan!!!!!

Key word there.....+tax!

What wireless carrier does it work with in Canuckastan?

The app will work on any carrier, the subscription is paid to SpinDance. However–I was told that there are separate modules for either android (which I have) or iPhone. Once you install the module, you can't change phones. Luckily I do like my Android phone.

The thing I don't like about this is you also have to install the ford Vehicle Security System to make it work. Both modules simply plug into the vehicle wire harness but I feel they should make it work without having to buy the security system.

There was no talk on purchasing the security system. Unless it's included in the price he gave me. Other wise. I'm going with a Viper smart start.

The thing I don't like about this is you also have to install the ford Vehicle Security System to make it work. Both modules simply plug into the vehicle wire harness but I feel they should make it work without having to buy the security system.

That must be the second part they have to order in for me. It's an additional 260 on top of the original quote of 550. It took them all day to figure out they were missing a piece of the puzzle. LOL....

Two pieces of the puzzle to be exact

That must be the second part they have to order in for me. It's an additional 260 on top of the original quote of 550. It took them all day to figure out they were missing a piece of the puzzle. LOL....

The instructions specifically state that the VSS is required to make it work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It just amazes me how out of touch Ford dealerships are. They can't even provide a proper quote for the life of Jeebus.

Back