Remote Starter install probs, I've searched! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Starter install probs, I've searched!

unpredictable1

Reaction score
City, State
AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 blazer lt
Prostart 5000 3 in 1.

93 automatic for explorer.

Everything is wired but we can't get the vehicle to start. Where do we wire to the coil wire/tach wire and lastly and hopefully not needed, the crank sensor wire.

Right now when we hit the start button we get 5 light flashes indicating tach cut off/no tach signal.

Please help as this install is happening very far from home and over the Christmas holidays!

Cheers,

lbrowne

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The tach wire is tan and yellow, and is located at the coil under the hood.

Can't help you but you can try Dead Link Removed and post the question on their forum.

Sorry blee, but I beat you to it. My info was from the12volt when I installed mine. :D

I ran my tach wire to the ECM in the passenger side kick panel, the wire is grey/orange. Once you do that you should be good to go. Your alarm probably has an RPM programming sequence so be sure to follow that.

got the vehicle starting, thanks fellas! But we actually went out right after I made the post and got it working. so we now got both remotes working.

I now have to figure out the remote power locks and how to hook those up.

Moderators can move this post to the appropriate forum if you wish. (not sure which one...)

Thanks!

Back