Removed my rear swaybar, axle shock... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removed my rear swaybar, axle shock...

Bshmastr

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Collins, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
First impression is a much smoother ride. Maybe a little tendency to oversteer around high speed corners, but hardly anything to worry about. The ride is much better over things like washboard roads and train tracks, no noticeable increase in body roll. I disconnected the front one too, but I won't be driving it like that on the road - rides smooth as a cadillac that way, but much too much body roll!

Needed an impact wrench to get all the bolts off, but if your thinking about doing it to get more flex offroad, DO IT! You'll be happy even on road.

do you have add-a-leafs? i have been thinking about doing this but i heard that its only a good idea if you ahve good aftermarket shocks and an add-a-leaf or something to kinda make up for the lack of the sway bar.

No, the car is basically stock except for Edelbrock TwinTube shocks. I'll be driving up into Estes Park this weekend, so the twisty roads up the mountains may make me change my mind about this mod, but I don't think so.

Back