1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Removing Catalytic Converter Ford Explorer 2006

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by darrelfun, March 16, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. darrelfun

darrelfun New Member

City, State:
    Temecula, California
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2006 Ford Explorer
    I am trying to remove the old catalytic Converter from ford Explorer 2006. I have the bolts, nuts, and oxygen sensors remove. It is a Y configuration. How do I remove it and put the new in.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. darrelfun

darrelfun New Member

City, State:
    Temecula, California
    2006 Ford Explorer
    I need advice to remove a y shaped catalytic converter. I have it all unbolted. I trying to remove the old one. The frame seems to be in the way. I do not see how to unbolt the frame to remove it. It is stuck.

4. vipersinu2

vipersinu2 Active Member

City, State:
    The Big City of Orange City, Florida
    97-03 4.0 exp 07 mount v8
    you have to remove the crossmember and hope the bolts do not break off in the frame, there is a wright up somewhere in the forums on how to put in resistors in place of the 2 rear O2 sensors, so the check engine light stays off,