Removing Driver Side Scuff Plate

dinom

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Hi.

I'm planning to install an aftermarket headrest DVD system into my new X LTD. I need to run the power wire over to the fuse box, so would like to route it under the driver side scuff plate.

There are no visible screws, so do I just grab the edges with me fingers and pry up? My concern is that I'll break some plastic clips in the process.

Anyone do this before that can offer some help? What about the B-pillar trim, as I might need to remove that too?

P.S. What's the deal with the fuse box location? You have to be a contortionist to get to it as it's hidden way up under the foot brake location.

Thanks,
Dino

Hi.

I'm planning to install an aftermarket headrest DVD system into my new X LTD. I need to run the power wire over to the fuse box, so would like to route it under the driver side scuff plate.

There are no visible screws, so do I just grab the edges with me fingers and pry up? My concern is that I'll break some plastic clips in the process.

Anyone do this before that can offer some help? What about the B-pillar trim, as I might need to remove that too?

P.S. What's the deal with the fuse box location? You have to be a contortionist to get to it as it's hidden way up under the foot brake location.

Thanks,
Dino

You could always just tap into the power in the center council. That panel comes off super easy and you wouldn't have to go very far either.

Problem is the center console is always powered. I want to used an ignition switched source so the DVD shuts off with the car.

In any case, how does one remove the center console panel? Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks.

Problem is the center console is always powered. I want to used an ignition switched source so the DVD shuts off with the car.

In any case, how does one remove the center console panel? Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks.

The bottom (side) one just pops off. It has a bunch of 1/4" long tabs and 1 or 2 longer plastic rivet/screws. The top is a little more tricky...the Silver panels next to the radio just "Pop" off, but there is 1 bigger one in there that holds it tight, so it feels like it's going to break if you pull too hard. Then the center cluster around the radio has like 2 clips up by the dash pad, and has hex heads that hold it on next to the radio. That's as far as I had to go to route the power wire for my GPS.

Back