• Register Today It's free!

replacement tires

COLDRUNNER

Reaction score
City, State
edmonton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT
can anyone tell me if 245/75/R17 will fit on a 2008 ford explorer XLT 4X4 or will they hit fender well. Can the speedometer also be recalibrated to adjust for the larger diameter tires.

I am running 265 60 18 on my 06 EB and I am ok. Not sure about speedo, anything can be done but for how much. Try to get as close as possible to the original tire diameter/circumference.

lARGER tIRES

I HAVE PLACED 235/75R17 TIRES ON MY 2008 EXPLORER AND THEY WORK FINE. THE VEHICLE SITS ABOUT AN INCH HIGHER BUT THERE IS ENOUGH CLEARANCE WITHOUT IT RUBBING ON THE FENDERS OR SUSPENSION. THE SPEEDO IS OUT A BIT AND THE DEALER SAYS IT CANNOT BE ADJUSTED . THESE TIRES WERE SUBSTANTIALLY CHEAPER THAN THE ORIGINAL SIZE.
I know I am answering my own post but I thought I would pass the info on to fellow owners.

THE SPEEDO IS OUT A BIT AND THE DEALER SAYS IT CANNOT BE ADJUSTED.

The speedo can definitely be adjusted. I did it on my '07 when I put a set of 265/70R17. I used the Hypertech Max Energy programmer. You just tell it what size tires you have, in 1/4" increments. Granted $350+ is probably not worth it if that's the only thing you'd use it for!

Back