Replacing front grille

GlennBlack85

Reaction score
City, State
Tracy, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
hey everyone,

Had a question. I have a 2013 Explorer XLT. As of right now, I just have the front grille plasti dipped bLack. It’s decent, and looks pretty good. But, I absolutely love the sport grilles! Are these two items interchangeable? I realize the sport one is $$$ but I love the way it looks. Any input would
Be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum Glenn.:wave:
Although I'm not 100% sure, I believe the grilles are interchangeable up to 2016 when the headlight assembly was changed. There was another member who had an XLT and wanted to swap it for a Sport grille see the following and the post after it. Removing the grille Unfortunatel neither member appears to be active here any longer. Hopefully someone who has done it or with more knowledge will add to this thread.

Peter

No worries! Seems like you can remove it by pulling forward a bit... once I decide to pull the trigger on the sport grille, I definitely will be taking my time with this one haha. Thanks! I attached a pic of my explorer now. It looks nice, I just love the sport grille more lol.

76F354FA-4F8E-42A8-9E68-FFFB07C95CFB.jpeg

Yes, they are interchangeable. Others have put the Sport grill on the XLT.

I did the same as you with mine. Ultimately, I'm going to switch out for the PIU grill, which is the same thing, but in black plastic, and keeping my chrome trim. The Plasti-Dip is OK from a distance, but I've had issues with it up close, and this eliminates the paint issues.

Back