• Register Today It's free!

Replacing the Gauge Clusters

mjoyal4

Reaction score
City, State
Somewhere, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Hey everyone, I have a 2001 Explorer Sport.
Some of the lights behind the gauges have gone out so I have decided to replace it with a little something nicer.

It's either:
ELFD004_B.jpg

or:
IGG-FD105-2.jpg

Now I found both on ebay
The First picture
The Second Picture

I like the second one more but I wanted to know what you guys thought. Is this worth buying or should I get something different? Is there another website I can buy from that is cheaper and better?

I'm new to this so I just wanted to see what you guys had to say about it.

P.S. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I thought it fit here..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they look pretty sweet but the last time i tried to replace the faces was with my 95 ranger with a cluster from a 2001 explorer sport trac i wanted to keep my oringinal miles so i just switced the needle and odometer assembly with my original one and to do that you have to remove the needle and reseat it. The next day i got a ticket for doing 70 in a 55 and got slapped with a 125 doller fine because the needle was sticking at 60 may have reseated too hard?

I wish those BEM gauges came in black, They'd be HOT in my truck. but I hate white gauges, SO MUCH SO that I want to replace the faces on my limited ford 500.

I like the second one too except for the BEM logo and "unleaded fuel only" warning. Are these things pretty much plug n' play or do they need to be spliced in?

see i don't know. i cant find any more information on these things.

you'd need to remove the needles and drop on the new face, I'm betting the new face's lighting is spliced into the existing cluster lights in some creative way

so even if I got this face, I'd still have to replace the lights that went out?

if they were indicator lights, yes

the EL's replace the backlighting

haha wow.. yeah i was looking at my truck just earlier when i was driving and looks like I'll need to replace that light anyways.
Well thank you for pointing that out to me. I guess I got a little more work in store for me.

Back