results of 3M lens restore kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

results of 3M lens restore kit

sorry it took so long, but here are a few pics of the results from using the 3M kit. its not on my explorer but a subaru legacy i bought and am restoring. i actually did this process a few weeks ago, but ive been ill and just got back into the swing of things. the lens i used them on wasnt too bad to begin with, but these brought them back pretty good. 18 bucks was a pretty good deal for the results i got in my opinion.

here's what they looked like before;
20121210_155643-1.jpg

heres kind of a bad pic of one lens done
20121222_114515.jpg

20121222_114453.jpg

heres one of it finished. ill try to get an upfront pic of it tomorrow.
20130113_170231.jpg

It looks like it came out very nice. I remember reading how toothpaste could be used to restore a cloudy lens, but I haven't tried it. It also said that it could restore scratched CDs or DVDs. Do you have a picture of your kit? Harbor Freight sells a similar kit.

i still have the kit in the garage. the little sandpaper circles are used up, but i can snap a pic of it in the morning and post it.

here's a stock photo of the kit. it comes with a little bit that attaches to a drill. you just keep using different types of grit sandpaper that fits onto the bit, and then wipe clean. then you apply the rubbing compound thats also included. then you use the buffing strip that also attaches to the bit. i found the kit at autozone for 23 bucks, but also seen it at walmart for 18.
autopia_2244_55136011.gif

Back