Retro Look on Explorer??? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Retro Look on Explorer???

Chevy 55

I own and rebuild 55-57 chevy. I don't know how it would look but. I would look at the 55. I think if you lowered the rear finder add to it, to cover most of the wheel. The chrome trim would help as for the front big grill and you could graft on mercadies headlights. If that is to much work just paint it flat black put 18 front 20 rear wheel and small bilit side mirors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a good idea except it's a chevy... :p I had a 55 210 and it was one of my favorite cars I've had.

You could put the 64 Galaxie chrome down the side and do the front like it too. I'll make that in photoshop tonight when i get home. It will look like a 64 country squire...sweet...

Found this one and I'm almost done with the one that I'm making.

2002%20Ford%20Explorer%20Woody%20concept%3Dmx%3D.jpg

Thats nice! They should have finished the doors all the way up and the front fender though. It looks like they stopped part way for some reason.

Those pics are friggin AWSOME! :thumbsup:

Photoshop is friggin AWESOME! :D

I wish I could have gotten the 50 front end to match a little better. It was a pretty poor picture that I got it from though. The wood is just painted colors with wood grain filter and then I put highlights and shadows on it.

laff. i <3 them. i <3 them a lot.

WOW! That last picture is AWESOME! Guessing this will be a bit involved, huh?
I know there's a "kit" for a '55 or so Chevy front end that will fit on a Full size chevy truck...wonder if that could be modified.
I'd love to use the front of a same approximate year Ford truck...
FROADER- thanks for spending some time on that! That's giving me the inspiration I need. Man, my sister is a graphics person, but she wouldn't spend the time to help me on that one! :fire:
I've got a good paint guy, but the other stuff I'll have to do myself.
That's got me worried! :eek:

tomthecomic- merc headlights, huh? the round ones, i assume. i was thinking (before starting the thread) of VW New Beetle headlights. Same concept. cheaper...

jd

jdhermit said:
WOW! That last picture is AWESOME! Guessing this will be a bit involved, huh?
I know there's a "kit" for a '55 or so Chevy front end that will fit on a Full size chevy truck...wonder if that could be modified.
I'd love to use the front of a same approximate year Ford truck...
FROADER- thanks for spending some time on that! That's giving me the inspiration I need. Man, my sister is a graphics person, but she wouldn't spend the time to help me on that one! :fire:
I've got a good paint guy, but the other stuff I'll have to do myself.
That's got me worried! :eek:

jd
No problem... only took about 30 minutes including finding the pictures and messing with them. Good luck on whatever you decide to do. Make sure to post pictures of your progress too. :thumbsup:

check this

alright if you want to be different then make the truck how you want it to look if you want to paint it a different color go for it and if you want light hood scoop and all of this other stuff then put it on your truck is just another way to show off who you are like me i have 2 twelves and 2 sixes neon light and led gear knob all of this is stuff that identifies me so if you want my opinion dont do anything anyone says on here unless you think it will fit you

I know this thread is old, maybe someone will pick up
I saw a new chevy truck with 57 belair rear quarters grafted to the bed.
It was cool. Now imagine 57 ranchero wagon, or crown vic tail fenders welded to the rear. can anyone photochop that.

i think the coolest thing,(actually i want to do this to mine) is to install a full california rag top, one that takes up almost the whole roof and is electronically operated. classy imo.

another idea is to look into conversions- ive seen some i really like, i will try and find a pic of it, but like someone already stated, is to install a fiberglass front end to make it appear like an older car....

sorry, i posted after just reading the first page...

Back