Reverse sensing system questions

bitkahuna

Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Limited
Is it useful/decent/worth it?

My V8 2WD Explorer Limited doens't have it but I had wanted it and the dealer says they can easily add it. I *think* they'll install a 'factory' one, but I'm not sure - I'd make sure of course.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love it and is really handy, just don't TOTALLY rely on it, but seems to work very well.

I think that it is an extra bit of security when backing up that is worth it. I have it on mine '06 E.B.

Thanks guys! I'll call the dealer about having it added. I still need to make sure they'll add one the same as if it was put in at the factory though.

A lot of ford parts aren't actually made by Ford. If you look in a Ford Motorsports catalog, you will see MSD ignition systems with a Ford logo sticker on them. The red Motorcraft boxes have Bosch O2 sensors that you could buy in an auto parts store. Some people think that only the dealer has dealer parts.

Turns out my local dealer can't get a 'kit' to install after the sale (contrary to what my sales guy said!). Disappointing. :thumbdwn:

Back