Right Side Headlights stopped working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Right Side Headlights stopped working

L_turn9

Reaction score
City, State
Chester
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer 4.0 V6 4WD
Hi Gang,
I checked the bulb (replaced it) and checked the fuse. all seem to be working. My Explorer is a 2006 XLT and it's stock as far as I can tell. At least nothing externally appears to be modified except for a aftermarket radio.
What else can I check? I plan to check the plug with my test light to be sure it is getting 12v. But after that I'm not sure where to go next.
Ideas?

Hi Gang,
I checked the bulb (replaced it) and checked the fuse. all seem to be working. My Explorer is a 2006 XLT and it's stock as far as I can tell. At least nothing externally appears to be modified except for a aftermarket radio.
What else can I check? I plan to check the plug with my test light to be sure it is getting 12v. But after that I'm not sure where to go next.
Ideas?
I just checked the plug that attaches to the back of the Bulb. Holding it with the connection down, the 1st connector at the left lights up with my test light when the low beams are turned on. The connector at the far right lit up when the high beams were turned on (the far left connector went off). I then tested the middle connector with my test light by attaching one end to the Pos. Battery Terminal and the other to the middle connector and it lit up meaning that middle plug was a ground (as I understand it).
So I tried 2 new bulbs (one was a LED) and neither lit up. I have no idea where to go next. Any suggestions?
TIA --

LEDs are polarity sensitive so make sure it's plugged correctly. Can you test the bulbs directly with a battery ? Looks like you are getting 12v on both positives and ground is working. Fitment issue ?

Back