Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Right Side Headlights stopped working

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by L_turn9, April 5, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. L_turn9

L_turn9 New Member

City, State:
    Chester
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2006 Explorer 4.0 V6 4WD
    Hi Gang,
    I checked the bulb (replaced it) and checked the fuse. all seem to be working. My Explorer is a 2006 XLT and it's stock as far as I can tell. At least nothing externally appears to be modified except for a aftermarket radio.
    What else can I check? I plan to check the plug with my test light to be sure it is getting 12v. But after that I'm not sure where to go next.
    Ideas?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. L_turn9

L_turn9 New Member

City, State:
    Chester
    2006 Explorer 4.0 V6 4WD
    I just checked the plug that attaches to the back of the Bulb. Holding it with the connection down, the 1st connector at the left lights up with my test light when the low beams are turned on. The connector at the far right lit up when the high beams were turned on (the far left connector went off). I then tested the middle connector with my test light by attaching one end to the Pos. Battery Terminal and the other to the middle connector and it lit up meaning that middle plug was a ground (as I understand it).
    So I tried 2 new bulbs (one was a LED) and neither lit up. I have no idea where to go next. Any suggestions?
    TIA --

4. Explorer_PL

Explorer_PL Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Rockland County, NY
    06EB V8 & 07EB V6
    LEDs are polarity sensitive so make sure it's plugged correctly. Can you test the bulbs directly with a battery ? Looks like you are getting 12v on both positives and ground is working. Fitment issue ?