• Register Today It's free!

Right turn signal issues

Dylkinson

Reaction score
City, State
Nanaimo
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer
Hey everyone, I have a 93 Explorer, and recently the right turn signal has stopped working. The light comes on on the dash but stays as a solid light instead of blinking and the signal itself just stays off. The break lights still work on both front and back and the high beams are fine so I feel like the bulbs are okay. Anyone know if it could be something else? Or am I just ignorant and need a new bulb?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if the 4 ways work it's not the bulbs. turn on the 4 ways and exit the vehicle. check all 4 lights for operation. you can also do this with the turn signal left then right.

Never seen brake lights on the front . LOL I would test the 4 ways . I would say it is a bulb Maybe the right front . try this & let us know .

Been trying for a bit now and I can't get the cover all the way off to replace the he turn signal bulb, Everytime I look it up it just says to remove it but never specifies how. Do I just reef on it? I want to be sure I don't break it. Stupid question I know but i'm super new to this and can't afford to replace the lens if I shatter it.

Open the hatch and unscrew the housing from the truck. The whole housing comes off.

You do not pry the lens off.

Open the hatch and unscrew the housing from the truck. The whole housing comes off.

You do not pry the lens off.

Thanks, got it to go with a little elbow grease and hooch, was mostly sketching myself out thinking I was gonna break it. Took it right apart and gave it a nice scrubbing whilet I was at it. Got the old girl looking all purdy now.

Back